So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have a Big Shot and after several tries of the two handed, between the legs method I got mad and threw the bag overhand to get my tie-in point.

Still tied in to the healthy half of this tree. Wasn't too excited about going up this stem though.:eek:

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Some nice shots, Matthias. Nice job on the deadwooding/ restoration on that tree. Around here no one would think you trimmed the tree unless you gutted all the green out of the center. :rolleyes:

Sad to say but not that long ago that's exactly what I would have done. The guy that taught me figured all trees had to be trimmed to look like a boulevard elm. Pick a certain height more than halfway up and cut everything green out. Make it look like a piece of broccoli.:(

I think that with a big belly you can't see the ground so there is less to be afraid of. Like with tall open trees some people are more scared than it was thick and can't see the ground.

I was feeling it today. I hadn't climbed much in months or not the kind you don in a big pruneing. I think I should have been sent to a fat farm for a week before this one. It help that my helper in the tree just wanted to cut and make nests instead of cleaning the bottom up a bit or getting his own hangers. I spent more time chaseing his hangers than pruning my half. At least I never lost my patience today. Yesterday I lost our truck and stump grinder. It was right where I parked it but never saw it. I was even makeing calls to see who came and took it. Allergies suck.

will if your helper made the nest and all you did was clean it up he did all thte prunning.

monday-rain tuesday-removed 2 pines 4 man crew.wed-trimmed cypress hedge (ht 75 roof of truck),removed shrubs for development.thurs removed 2 eucys over shed,deadwood fine prune jap maple,removed plums petost, dead wood l/amber.fri-my favorite go grind stumps and collect$$$excavator work sat .had a logger working with me(too wet out bush)ill give credit where its due he sharpens real good.

I think this was a case of last cut syndrome but I realized that wasn't the best rigging point if I wanted to stay in the tree, so I tied a pull line, came down and yanked it over. The next day I went back up with a block and rigged everything from the same spar. That worked a lot better.

hey matthis...great shots..Makes me wonder was the tree or the house there first....Man thats so close to the house...How do they let them get so tall and so close.. good work bro...take care now

Feel like I'm at a phc crossroads, after being on the fence over it for a year. Killed spider mites today. Going to treat 2 oaks with cambistat tomorrow. An arborist friend in Portland emailed about a property he wants injected with merit. The allure of easy $.

Latest posts

Back