So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like pine trees are all I'm doing lately. These two were my project for this morning. I did the biggest, green one first. The dead one was last.

well today i ran over a cat last friday was my boss's dog (had to be put down) :( and then hit a pot hole in the road and have trashed me alloy wheel on me S3 and i was not speeding on any occasions.......apart from that conifer hell :)though i did some dead wooding of a nice sized ash yesterday ............it can only get better :)

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Well, that sucks. I wonder what I'm doing wrong now?:(
Both "played" fine here, except for "physical" dimensions.  What are you seeing on your end?

Glen

Poured rain here this morning so I drove to Toronto and played hooky/hockey for a couple of hours. Actually the excuse was I had to check up on my parents' house as they are away. Had a great game and will do likewise again tomorrow before driving back to the country.

I TD the biggest freaking sweetgum today, with power lines on one side just to make it interesting. I had most of the lower limbs out by the time my photographer took some shots.

And it was a GREAT weather day!
dude.gif

This guy runs 36" bars on both his 046 and 066. I keep telling him to put a 24" on the 046, but he likes to see me slinging a danged three foot bar!:(

great pics MB! i've never seen a sweetgum near that size. i guess we really don't have any old ones around here.

Long bars have their place. I have one saw with a 34" bar-ready when needed. The day in and day out stuff can be cut better, faster and more safely with 20-24 inch bars. As Butch said-36" on the 046 when he also has an 066 with a 36incher is "way stoopid long". I got a 28" bar on my PP7900. The jury is still out-I'm not sure whether I prefer a 24" or the 28".

Latest posts

Back