So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how much?
It depends on how much he wants me to fix. I stole a carb needle from another carb, had a sparkplug and decomp valve in the used parts bin. I spliced in a new piece of ignition wire and customized the carb linkage so I'm into it for an hour and a half. If any of that actually gets it working he probably has a $60 bill. It still leaves the tank vent, replacing the clutch spur drum (worn), and what to do with the broken chain brake knuckle - his call.

I am not sure, but it looks like it was used for pulverizing something. It measures 4" long and the head is approximately 1 5/8" square.

View attachment 477533

I think you guys may be looking at this backwards. I believe that to be a "chinking hammer". The square surface is struck with the hammer and the narrow end is use to push the "chinking" in between the logs of a log house construction. At least I believe "chinking" is the correct term. I think it would also be used my a mason to remove mortar between bricks.

Well I think I have found the first air leak on the guys Husky 350 I am working on - two of the four crankcase bolts had fallen out! I wondered why I was seeing fine debris in the crankcase when I removed the cylinder to get the carb boot off. The carb boot was the original suspicion but until I fix this, I won't be able to test the boot.

I think you guys may be looking at this backwards. I believe that to be a "chinking hammer". The square surface is struck with the hammer and the narrow end is use to push the "chinking" in between the logs of a log house construction. At least I believe "chinking" is the correct term. I think it would also be used my a mason to remove mortar between bricks.
You might be right. After looking again it appears to be a bit smaller than a steak tenderizer but the same general shape.
I took a nice drive today on an icy road to get to the Post Office to mail a saw. I think I'll wait till the weather gets better before I try to sell any more.

Today, the Evil One and I took a road trip to look at another pickup truck. Decided we really need another one, so we wouldn't have to use her daily driver SUV to pull a trailer when we need two of them on site.
I have a 2003 Silverado half-ton, and this one is a 2002... new alternator, water pump, battery and brake job 500 miles back. Good rubber. Two new spare wheels/tires. Cat and Y pipe replaced on the V6 40K miles back. Crack in windshield, but I can replace that cheap enough. AC, heater, all lights, etc. all work. Doesn't leak or burn oil, in spite of having 205K miles on her. Got the (good) CarFax on it. Talked him down to $1400 cash.

More wood hauling/towing capacity than the wife's car, so a big win for me... for that kind of money, you're lucky to find a pickup truck that will start and go five miles in one piece in this neck of the woods!

2002-Silverado.JPG

Little rusty there on both back fenders. Don't care. It's a work truck, not a chick magnet.

Today, the Evil One and I took a road trip to look at another pickup truck. Decided we really need another one, so we wouldn't have to use her daily driver SUV to pull a trailer when we need two of them on site.
I have a 2003 Silverado half-ton, and this one is a 2002... new alternator, water pump, battery and brake job 500 miles back. Good rubber. Two new spare wheels/tires. Cat and Y pipe replaced on the V6 40K miles back. Crack in windshield, but I can replace that cheap enough. AC, heater, all lights, etc. all work. Doesn't leak or burn oil, in spite of having 205K miles on her. Got the (good) CarFax on it. Talked him down to $1400 cash.

More wood hauling/towing capacity than the wife's car, so a big win for me... for that kind of money, you're lucky to find a pickup truck that will start and go five miles in one piece in this neck of the woods!

View attachment 477903

Little rusty there on both back fenders. Don't care. It's a work truck, not a chick magnet.
Nice when a road trip ends in a great deal!

View attachment 477903

Thats a good lookin truck. Them 4.3 sixes are little power houses. They are rated to tow more then the 4.8 liter v8.
Should make ya a good truck.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I went for drive to the echo and huskey dealer and picked up a chain for my ms 250 and the boys little poulan. He sells them buy one get second at half price.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Ran a few saws cutting some cookies with a couple guys looking at some of my saws. We ran an MS310, 390, 039 and an 028 Super. The MS390 ran like crap (embarrassed) but I fixed it after they left by cleaning the carb. I also finished some annual reports and shipped a few chains I sold and then boxed up a modded muffler I sold on eBay. Oh, stacked some firewood too. Got cold here, had to wear a sweatshirt today...

Ran a few saws cutting some cookies with a couple guys looking at some of my saws. We ran an MS310, 390, 039 and an 028 Super. The MS390 ran like crap (embarrassed) but I fixed it after they left by cleaning the carb. I also finished some annual reports and shipped a few chains I sold and then boxed up a modded muffler I sold on eBay. Oh, stacked some firewood too. Got cold here, had to wear a sweatshirt today...
We here in the frozen tundra feel for you...I had a sweatshirt on also, under a couple of other ones.

Went to the doc this morning for a yearly physical. Visited my grandparents for a couple of hours. Had to return his old Stevens 311 shotgun I fixed for him. Picked up a generator and push mower from them that probably need their carbs cleaned. Got 3 posts set in the ground today for a lean to on my shop. Hoping to finish it up this coming weekend. Also delivered a generator and a load of firewood to a local. I dropped by last week to see if he wanted some excess wood I had and picked up a job cleaning the carb on his generator. Took my lil girl to her first piano lesson tonite.

Started putting a 262 back together.
b5387019907298cd25ebc18852eec59b.jpg

Split the case on the 272 waiting on gaskets, seals, bearings and a ring now!
5a0870444e23513ead18e63afeff2c9b.jpg

Putting a kit in an HD87 carb!
b572987b112130dcb18a429d907e8c03.jpg

Took down a few more trees.

Attachments

• IMG_20151230_133217058-1200x2133.jpg
    IMG_20151230_133217058-1200x2133.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20151229_162415946_HDR-1600x900.jpg
    IMG_20151229_162415946_HDR-1600x900.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20151226_162904946-1200x2133.jpg