So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20160110_224436.jpg Had two windshields put in trucks, painted shop floor, finished cleaning out upstairs apartment so it can be rented. So much junk i had to pack down the dumpster with backhoe twice!

cut 2 cords of wood, fixed lift gate on service truck, welded up a Crack in the shop stove, started fixing the lights on my processor, but decided I was tired.
Well it's 3am and I can't sleep. Go figure.

Woke up. ( which is a bonus lol) had about 5"of snow. When to put plow on atv. Nothing went right. First time using it this year. Couldnt find the mount pins had to make new ones. Broke a drill bit on pin. Wanted to weld something quick on blade. Got a spot weld then ran out of wire. Dam atv tire has a leak and was flat.

Oh ya my 2011 seierra had the throttle position sensor bugger up and went into limp mode. Had to pull over and shut off for couple mins then ok. More money to spend on a dam sensor. Hopefully i made enough plowing to cover that.

Well thanks for hearing me vent. Hope tour day went better.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

On that throttle position sensor, try cleaning the throttle plate and throttle body, then clean the connections to the sensor and see if the problem reoccurs.

On that throttle position sensor, try cleaning the throttle plate and throttle body, then clean the connections to the sensor and see if the problem reoccurs.
Ya will do that hopfully tomorrow. Ran out of time today. Dam midnights ya sleep most the day. I got some throttle body cleaner i will pull throttle body off and clean it with. this was the first time so hopfully just a gob of crap on sensor. Guess i baby my stuff too much. Need to giver a good run and clean the carbon lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I took a fallen limb off of a car and cut it up for a local, and before I left he gave me these. Said he didn't know if they worked or not.

Poulan4218yel.JPG

This one started up and went pphhhttt-pphhhttt-pphhhtt-pphhhtttoulan! Then it died.

CrapsmanElectric.JPG

This one went bbbzzzzzzzzzz and the sharp, pointy end turned around. Could probably play a 45rpm record on it, if I still had any such thing.

CrapsmanTools.jpg
More stuff to weigh the shed down, so it doesn't blow away.

Think I'm sick. Sawfluenza hit now that work is done for the season, so I had to self medicate myself with some tinkering. Started on my boys crapsman 36cc strato saw. Did the mm and a Lil carb work. Touched up the chain. Fired it up and it sounds good no load. tomorrow jl put the chain on and try it out hope it works good and puts a smile on his face again

So today I was home sick with some cold type illness. This afternoon I headed out to the shop to do battle once again with an MS660 I'm trying to get running... I put a Farmertec cylinder kit on it and couldn't get it to run consistently. Put a kit in the carb, tried playing musical carbs with another 660 and later with yet another 660. So I was putting carbs on and off saws left and right, tweaking, cleaning, re-tweaking, re-cleaning. After about 5 hours of messing with this saw, I finally resolved it by using the carb from 660 #3. The carb that came on the saw just isn't working... I haven't pitched it in the trash yet as I'll try giving it a go in the USC and making additional attempts. The saw left as it belonged to a tree service.
So now I have two saws on the floor of the shop that have the carbs off of them. Spilled my socket rack all over but I just closed up and am hunkered down in the house. I charged an hour labor to rebuild the saw and ate all the rest of the hours. Oh well...

Latest posts

Back