So what did you get for Christmas that was chainsaw related?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got the Fiskar's X27. My son in law gave me 5 gallons of bar oil. My wife got me a trail cam so I can keep an eye on the critters running around the wood lot.

Santa left me a chain grinder, an orange wedge, an orange dead blow hammer and some files. Orange will pay dividends as I keep losing stuff in the woods.

satan klause brought me some long handled allen wrenches
and a mityvac vaccume tester... (not a pos-t vac,....8upf-150 )

I picked up a few boxes of macculloh 1958 refference material
a old remington and a few other old pieces and parts

well i gotta get back to building my new double barrel stove....yeeehaaaa !

mike

my little girl woke up this morning at 4:30 asking if santa come,,, boy u should have seen the look on her face when she started opening presents....priceless shes only 2 years old anyhoo

nothin saw related this year,,,not yet anyways i got some gift cards though and a flywheel puller is high on my list...sick of driving 15 miles to get a flywheel buzzed off.. some blurays, a bluray player, a toolbox and, 4 #### 360 games....our first year with no car payments :msp_biggrin: fiance said i dont care what u get but please dont get any more chainsaws 4 is enough:msp_biggrin: merry christmas to all

Well i asked for visa gift cards or money to put towards a new saw. I want to get a new saw (550xp auto tune or the 555xp auto tune. I have to wait for the 550xp to be released. My ms 260 plays havoc on my hands and arms so its time to get a spring handle saw . looking for a limbing saw and i think the husky will fit right in. Have a wonderfull day!

Ive gotten several things over the last month, but Santa left me these :smile2:.

photobucket-3049-1324827794895.jpg

What's up with the gas fireplace? LOL

Girlfriend got me 2 new to me saws... A mint condition super EZ auto and a stihl 028 SUPER. both have original cases... Stihl came with original wedge and bar rail cleaner. Looks like brand new except for no paint on the bar. Both run perfect! She also got me an acres history of chainsaws book that's really cool... Her parents got me a case of beer... Which will come in handy when I work on my PM610 project this afternoon.

Haix boots, log rite pickaroon,a box of save edge files, and some warm sweat shirts .
Also a Merry Christmas phone call from my daughter who's stationed in Korea. Not chain saw related,but very special nonetheless :msp_biggrin:
Merry Christmas to each and every one of You !!

Believe it or not....nothing. I did buy Lisa and myself a king size Tempurpedic Cloud Lux mattress. That'll help rest me up from working on all the chainsaw related stuff I already had:) I surprised her with the mattress yesterday and snuck it in while she was at the store. We'd been talking about getting one for a while, but she had no idea that I had ordered it. I love surprising!

i guess you could say that everything that my family got was chainsaw related. my chainsaws and logging equipment make the living(money) that i used to buy there christmas with.as always remeber to put the christ in your christmas and remember that everthing you have is a gift from christ. from the best presents ever to the greatest gift of all.........

I got a lump of coal
Boy you must have been UGLY ,cause from reading the posts on here your bride is a pretty good gal,LOL:smile2:
I guess the good news is she won't take long to get unmad.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
editing ,posted this before reading what I already suspected.

Last edited:
I actually got a few decent items for x-mas. I believe I listed some of them already but I dont mind listing them again. It seems that I have been getting Christmas presents for a couple of months. First off Eric Copsey did a very nice woods port for me as a gift, thanks again Eric. This is my first modded saw (SWEET). Then I got a new 25" bar for that saw (ms460). Then I got a Husqvarna 2101XP and a 42" bar, then my dad gave me a Remington model 700 in .17rem caliber, and his old Husky 77 and a small top handle Echo. Oh yea I bought myself a 346XP. Then my lovely wife Sarah bought me a pair of labonville chaps, a Husqvarna powerbox for the 346XP, a xp27 fiskars splitting axe, & a couple of wedges. My father in law bought me a garmin gps. I also got a 511ax oregon grinder. Diggers dad sent me a very nice set of allen wrenches, Thanks again. And when I went to buy Sarahs gift at a sporting goods store I seen a item I just couldnt pass up, a Ruger p89 9mm semi-auto pistol. This has been one of the best years I ever had. I also just celebrated 18 months of sobriety. I gotta go now we are going to another Christmas celebration, Ill update my list of presents when I get home this evening.

My parents got me the Stihl hard hat with the shield and muffs. This made my wife very happy cause I have a tendency to get hurt when dad and I are working with trees or anything else on the farm.

I got my Dad some chaps after I almost removed the possibility of my wife and I making anymore grandchildren for them the last time Dad and I cut firewood. I was wearing my chaps but I nicked a small hole in the pouch on the stihl chaps right about at crotch level without noticing it. I noticed the nick on the scrench that was in there though. Dad had a stihl helmet and I had chaps. Now we are both protected.

Last edited:
Got a nice little tach - the Fast-Tach from Tinytach.com.

can't wait to check it out on a MS360 I picked up a few weeks ago. What I really needed it for though was a 268 rebuild (not a complete rebuild, just carb and chassis - no piston/cylinder [yet]). I don't trust my own ears to determine RPMs, so the tack falls into my "need" list.

Nothing saw related from the gf. I did get myself another Granberg File-N-Joint. I went to order a new chain stop for my other one, and after noticing that shipping was $10 for a $0.75 part...and that the File-N-Joint was on sale for $25, I decided to order the part and the new Granberg. I'll either keep both around or give one to my dad.

Oh, my parents also gave me a Masterforce (actually built by Bosch IIRC) bench grinder, which I hauled back from WI after Thanksgiving. Haven't opened it yet, so no actual pics, but here is the listing online: 8" Bench Grinder at Menards

There are also a few auctions ending this week that I'm hoping to win that may bring in a saw or two...

Back