So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The exhaust port looked much better than yours with much more hours.

And here is where I continue to struggle with the theme. Claims with no pictures. Scraping with a pick, which I have never done, produced very little carbon. Very little. So far every picture I have seen slamming stihl is one thats either been modified or running a heavier mix, or both. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when one chooses to deviate from the manufacturers recommendations you are your own warranty station.

By now I am sure it seems as though I am a Stihl fan boy. Quite contrary. I am simply looking for real world results that I can relate to. And I'll gladly switch.
Until then, I'll just blindly continue to use what I use, probably for another 10 years.

Should be noted this is a strato engine, runs hot and lean and I ran it hard. The motor got very hot while burning stumps and brush.
It ran perfect until I dropped a stump on it with an excavator while burning stumps.
Zenoah & Redmax started the strato technology , which eventually Husquarna acquired . The performance gains with the additional strato ports allows a much more efficient fresh air charge entrainment just a few degrees prior to the transfer ports cracking , this with the intake port opening allows a quick removal of exhaust gases to expedite the scavenging effect of fresh fuel into the cylinder . This additional air certainly does entail a leaner burn condition , which requires better jetting science from a non strato designs . Saw porting can really wake up a Strato saw increasing low rpm torque values with simple blowdown specs & duration changes during port & piston shaving ! Notable horsepower gains are easily attained also on high compression engines , using this strato recognized design perameters over conventional 2T engines !

And here is where I continue to struggle with the theme. Claims with no pictures. Scraping with a pick, which I have never done, produced very little carbon. Very little. So far every picture I have seen slamming stihl is one thats either been modified or running a heavier mix, or both. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when one chooses to deviate from the manufacturers recommendations you are your own warranty station.

By now I am sure it seems as though I am a Stihl fan boy. Quite contrary. I am simply looking for real world results that I can relate to. And I'll gladly switch.
Until then, I'll just blindly continue to use what I use, probably for another 10 years.
Pretty easy to do your own test. Cut wood for a year running an oil that’s proven to work better at not building carbon and make your own decision.

Zenoah & Redmax started the strato technology , which eventually Husquarna acquired . The performance gains with the additional strato ports allows a much more efficient fresh air charge entrainment just a few degrees prior to the transfer ports cracking , this with the intake port opening allows a quick removal of exhaust gases to expedite the scavenging effect of fresh fuel into the cylinder . This additional air certainly does entail a leaner burn condition , which requires better jetting science from a non strato designs . Saw porting can really wake up a Strato saw increasing low rpm torque values with simple blowdown specs & duration changes during port & piston shaving ! Notable horsepower gains are easily attained also on high compression engines , using this strato recognized design perameters over conventional 2T engines !
My redmax from 2005 is a strato engine uses a double barrel walbro WYL carburetor with interesting cylinder porting.

For starters a good oil will burn very cleanly at something like 32:1.
Modifying also tends take an engine easier on oil.
You have been led to water.

Back