So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run what manufacturer doesn't recommend at ratios that make the epa get triggered.
View attachment 961123
You can't see the wear on the piston? That's from the piston contacting the bore I'd changing oils myself...
Would be interesting to see the how much wear is on the load side piston skirt in that saw.
20220125_180936.jpg

You can't see the wear on the piston? That's from the piston contacting the bore I'd changing oils myself...
Would be interesting to see the how much wear is on the load side piston skirt in that saw.
View attachment 961202
Yes it has plenty of wear but it is three years old and It has 700+ hours on it and it is a string trimmer. I have done commercial work.
20220125_180941.jpg

"Racing oils are designed to be used in engines that get torn down, so they lack some of the anti corrosion properties, and detergents you'll find in an FD rated oil."
Exactly, at last. Now just use what the manufacture advises, it will work honestly. And if you blow a saw up I would look at what your doing wrong. Tune and learn to tune right, then keep a chain sharp and then listen to your engine. EASY
Absolutely 77 , back in the day , tear downs were normal 100 hr routines even sooner in some applications , the good old days. ! lol.

Yes it has plenty of wear but it is three years old and It has 700+ hours on it and it is a string trimmer. I have done commercial work.
View attachment 961206
I have an XL12 that I have run on 50:1 Amsoil Saber oil for at least the last 20 years. I can wipe the carbon out of the exhaust port with a qtip or paper towel. Compression is still 140 psi, and zero scraping on the side of the piston. I run the hell out of that saw. I would say a chainsaw puts more of a load on the engine than a string trimmer.

I have an XL12 that I have run on 50:1 Amsoil Saber oil for at least the last 20 years. I can wipe the carbon out of the exhaust port with a qtip or paper towel. Compression is still 140 psi, and zero scraping on the side of the piston. I run the hell out of that saw. I would say a chainsaw puts more of a load on the engine than a string trimmer.
My compression is still 140 cold as well what are you grasping? i burn better than 5 tanks per day i don't run a guard and with my gear reduction box i am running 20 inches of line out on a 23cc unit.

Babied and pampered well looked after 661 work saw run on 25:1 mineral oil..
That's amazing mineral oil getting in the way of metal to metal contact? unheard of according to the internet's I best be getting some top tier synthetic oil before me **** blows up me thinks 🤔..

View attachment 961194View attachment 961195
Many , 371xp ' s & MS-460 's ran premium FC mineral oils @ 32:1 also for yrs of service , and looked like that . Nothing wrong with a premium dino oil in a properly tuned , high compression saw !

View attachment 961206
With 700 hours on it and it still shows mill marks IMHO that is impressive. I have pulled small bore dirt bikes apart with the ring worn half of the original thickness and the end gap unmeasureable, like 3/8 of a inch. On the bottom ring just to the right you can see a strange wear pattern developing because of the run time. Most 2 strokes never see this kind of time on them either from lack of use or piss poor maintenance and poor fuel quality. CJ

View attachment 961206
If I had 700 hours on a string trimmer, I'd be absolutely thrilled that it still had any compression and ran at all. Yes there's wear, but it's got 700 hours on it. If it looked pristine, people would say you're lying about the 700 hours. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it.

With 700 hours on it and it still shows mill marks IMHO that is impressive. I have pulled small bore dirt bikes apart with the ring worn half of the original thickness and the end gap unmeasureable, like 3/8 of a inch. On the bottom ring just to the right you can see a strange wear pattern developing because of the run time. Most 2 strokes never see this kind of time on them either from lack of use or piss poor maintenance and poor fuel quality. CJ
Ran 32:1 the entire time tuned a little rich on the H speed jet and when the line came in contact with grass it cleaned up.

If I had 700 hours on a string trimmer, I'd be absolutely thrilled that it still had any compression and ran at all. Yes there's wear, but it's got 700 hours on it. If it looked pristine, people would say you're lying about the 700 hours. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it.
Super tech universal air cooled from Walmart mixed with 87 E0.

Pulled the muffler off the 25 ish year old 026 a while back. Looked pretty nice, 50:1 Stihl oil, It has heated the home and fed the sawmill it's whole life. They gave out an extra 2 years warranty if you bought the 1 litre with the saw. Torco SSO and turbo blue race gas in the snowmobile is the best thing i have ever smelt!!

Well now I'm down the rabbit hole. Never researched 2 cycle oil, this could be dangerous. What to make of this test? I am always suspicious of a test that is not either blind or 3rd party. Would such a company put their reputation on the line by skewing results? I'd like to think not.....

Edit....link fixed

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sQFnoECDcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3vu_hI0pR7XThK76sFoR0r
I run red armour and I can attest to that. I like it and it’s red so there’s no guessing about whether it’s mixed or not….I really like that. It seems to be a lot less gummy than other mixes.

I run red armour and I can attest to that. I like it and it’s red so there’s no guessing about whether it’s mixed or not….I really like that. It seems to be a lot less gummy than other mixes.
From what I’ve seen, red armor appears to be one of the best. Unfortunately it’s one of the most expensive also

After having read All 57 pages of this discussion, I did not see any mention of the one 2-cycle oil I have been planning to try. Lubrication Engineers 2-cycle oil with their secret Monolec additive.
Monolec is an anit-wear, friction reducing, self regenerating anti-oxidant according to their white paper. Sounds like a special voodoo product, but I was just curious if anyone has any experience with actually using Lubrication Engineers 2-cycle oil produced out of Kansas? Respectfully Submitted..

After having read All 57 pages of this discussion, I did not see any mention of the one 2-cycle oil I have been planning to try. Lubrication Engineers 2-cycle oil with their secret Monolec additive.
Monolec is an anit-wear, friction reducing, self regenerating anti-oxidant according to their white paper. Sounds like a special voodoo product, but I was just curious if anyone has any experience with actually using Lubrication Engineers 2-cycle oil produced out of Kansas? Respectfully Submitted..
If it cost more than $10 per quart no way.

Latest posts

Back