So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run Dominator in my air-cooled 2-stroke '74 Yamaha RD350. I've got a pile of money in that engine - I did my research in '09 and picked the best oil I could find. Saber would've worked great as a premix too, but I wanted to keep the OE oil injection, and Saber was a bit too thick. Also, the pump was designed to run at 50:1 or heavier - Dominator was the perfect oil for that. I've run the bike 6k HARD miles over the years, and compression is still triple digits cold, exactly what it was after the rebuild break-in period was done.

View attachment 960649
Dope bike man.

Umm.....it says 2-stroke fuel.....not MX fuel
Also...Dirtbikes and Quads are O. P. E. as well! "OUTDOOR" "POWER" "EQUIPMENT" You can argue the semantics all you like, but the facts will remain the same!
View attachment 960664
Dirt bikes and quads are not Outdoor Power Equipment. They are OHV's.
The facts are clearly lost on you, but don't take my word for it. Call VP and ask what the intended application is.
https://www.motorcyclepowersportsnews.com/vp-mrx02-fuel/

Ya'll lost me on the topic.
And seeing this is a firewood forum...
What is the 2021/2022 preferred two stroke fuel mix for newer pro chain saws?
(Edit: Page #56 is the only page I've read, and did not want to go through previous pages, having read as much crap as I did on this one. So if there is good information previously, I've missed it.)
I've been using Stihl oil mix for thirty years, most recently their synthetic, in Stihl and Husqvarna saws.

(Edit: Page #56 is the only page I've read, and did not want to go through previous pages, having read as much crap as I did on this one. So if there is good information previously, I've missed it.)
I've been using Stihl oil mix for thirty years, most recently their synthetic, in Stihl and Husqvarna saws.
For your eyes only!

https://www.arboristsite.com/thread...-oil-favorite-for.353900/page-31#post-7656155

Condensed version....

The Stihl Silver bottle oil is a JASO FB rated oil. It was designed to solve an issue with Stihl 4 mix engines. It is not the BEST oil to be used in a regular 2 stroke engine, especially if mixed stronger than 50:1.

Really, you're looking for a JASO FC, or even better and FD rated oil. Ive picked up and am going to try Maxima Super M, Red Line All Sport, Echo Red Armor and Lucas Semi Syn. If you want to step up from those, to a non rated oil but ones that get high nods from whomever in the know... Yamalube 2R, Maxima K2, Klotz Original Techniplate. Klotz R50 is good oil as well, but seems to gum up if you're not running the saws hard. The issue, as I understand it, going to a "better" non rated oil isn't always a good idea. Racing oils are designed to be used in engines that get torn down, so they lack some of the anti corrosion properties, and detergents you'll find in an FD rated oil.

"Racing oils are designed to be used in engines that get torn down, so they lack some of the anti corrosion properties, and detergents you'll find in an FD rated oil."
Exactly, at last. Now just use what the manufacture advises, it will work honestly. And if you blow a saw up I would look at what your doing wrong. Tune and learn to tune right, then keep a chain sharp and then listen to your engine. EASY

"Racing oils are designed to be used in engines that get torn down, so they lack some of the anti corrosion properties, and detergents you'll find in an FD rated oil."
Exactly, at last. Now just use what the manufacture advises, it will work honestly. And if you blow a saw up I would look at what your doing wrong. Tune and learn to tune right, then keep a chain sharp and then listen to your engine. EASY
This is what was recommended by the manufacturer. No thanks :laugh:

https://www.arboristsite.com/thread...o-stroke-oil-favorite-for.353900/post-7656155

Back