So which is the best 70cc class saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is easy :rock:

attachment.php

Yeh Andyshine...this one should be a no brainer 7900 all the way!!! I would add though that there is but 1cc difference between it and the Solo 681 (which puts it in the 80cc class) and might have a small edge on performance.

The one in the middle: :rock:
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
IMG_5229.JPG

This one is easy :rock:

attachment.php
LOL I had the same problem, dam for a near 80cc saw it sure is light must be the balance thing coming into play here?I see you have a 372 ehp in your sig that must give the 7900 a run for it's money?Edit I see that your 7900 is also worked over!

Last edited:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dOFFU_N_OQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-dOFFU_N_OQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL I had the same problem, dam for a near 80cc saw it sure is light must be the balance thing coming into play here?I see you have a 372 ehp in your sig that must give the 7900 a run for it's money?Edit I see that your 7900 is also worked over!

They're both strong running saws. The 372 was ported hotter, so I think it has the edge, but not by much.

I started out reading this thread and was very puzzled. Then it dawned on me. Today is...............................

APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!

I started out reading this thread and was very puzzled. Then it dawned on me. Today is...............................
]APRIL FOOLS DAY!!![/B]

But the thread was started yesterday. Lots of wanabe saws here though. :poke:

there are lots of 40 year old 041 stihls that are still going strong so i vote the 041 to be the best 70 cc saw even though most are just 61cc's.

as for a new saw the 372 all the way...

there are lots of 40 year old 041 stihls that are still going strong so i vote the 041 to be the best 70 cc saw even though most are just 61cc's.

as for a new saw the 372 all the way...

Not the supers!

Back