Some amusement while I was working on saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
With the Poulan GTG next Saturday, I thought the time was appropriate to drag out some green saws and see if I could them running before the big event. Since it was a nice day, I was outside working in my driveway where the light is better. I was having difficulty getting a 3.7 to run and happened to look up to see one of my neighbors trying to back an 185 CFM air compressor into his driveway. As he attempted to make the turn it jackknifed, he pulled up and tried again, with the same result.

I live on a divided street with a median, a crossover is opposite my driveway. After his initial failure, he went down the street and did a U turn and crossed back over at my house. He tried again, with the same result. I hated to laugh at him, but it took away some of my frustration with the cantankerous saws. This process kept being repeated, he would jackknife or a car would come along forcing him to make another lap and try again.

After his 12th failure, I went out to the street and flagged him down as he was making the U turn by my house and asked if he needed help. He asked me if I could back a trailer and I responded in the affirmative. After washing the gas and oil off my hands so I would not damage his Lexus SUV, I walked down to his house and asked him where he wanted it parked. He told me "in the garage, the rental man told me it would be stolen if I left it outside." As it was a 2 car garage, I asked him which side. He seemed baffled that placing a trailer on one side or the other was even a possibility.

I took the rig around the block yet again to get the proper approach and cleanly backed it into one side of the garage. He and his wife were awestruck that the task could be that simple.

The end result was that I was able to help a neighbor and get three saws going for the GTG.

I just got a 12 pack for finishing the cut on a 12" trunk of a weeping willow and cutting about six rounds ot of the rest of the trunk. He couldn't do it with a 10" electric saw with the kickback gard in place. The whole deal including walking to my houe to get the 346xp took about 3 minutes. Love living in a housing tract!

Inquiring minds want to know what the Lexus SUV driver is doing renting a compressor that could easily kill him.

it's like a neighbor that needed me to come over with a "big saw" gassed up the 272 put a 30" bar on it walked over to his house come to find out that i put the wrong bar on it should have put a 20" on it...

i bet he had to make a hole under a slab to keep "something"

Inquiring minds want to know what the Lexus SUV driver is doing renting a compressor that could easily kill him.

I bet he was having some major work done and his contractor was broke so the homeowner had to make arrangements for the equipment.

like getting the permits.... (if a contractor asks you to do it, it's a major red flag if you did't know...)

Actually he was helping other neighbors on the street, he rented the compressor to blow out their irrigation systems before winter arrives. I guess I need to keep an eye out for rocketing sprinkler heads this afternoon! :dizzy:

You realize this guy is the laughing stock at the rental place, he came in all high and mighty and they rented him three times the machine he needs for the job. Somebody is probably going to get hurt when one of those plastic lines unloads and spews up dirt like a geyser.

WOW, talk about overkill. He probably could have bought a little 5cfm portable compressor for less than he paid to rent that monster. I bet it would have done the job just fine.

Its worth the price of admission to get to the campground early on the weekend, just to watch the city people try to back there pop up campers into place. :ices_rofl:

I like setting at the boat ramp watching them try to get the trailers straight enough to load the boat on. My wife always gets some looks when she goes and gets my f250 and trailer and backs it down the ramp first try, while the kids and i set on the boat waiting on her.

Seen a few guys spend 10 minutes trying to get their boat in or out of the water lol.

I like setting at the boat ramp watching them try to get the trailers straight enough to load the boat on. My wife always gets some looks when she goes and gets my f250 and trailer and backs it down the ramp first try, while the kids and i set on the boat waiting on her.

Seen a few guys spend 10 minutes trying to get their boat in or out of the water lol.

Same here. I'm a fishing guide (and have handyman/tree removal clients on islands), and whether I'm laughing or cussing the antics I see at the boat landing depends on whether I'm done for the day or whether I'm forced to run late meeting a client because two in a row can't back their boats into the water.

Guido, you gotta get video of that neighbor destroying everyone's sprinkler systems. :D :D

Or you could always, as mentioned, show him how to tone the sucker down. ;)

I don't see any pics of the Poulans. Never happened.

I like watching the guys try to un-load there boats off the trailer with out un-tieing them. Man they sure can gun that engine with out the boat moving. Or the guy in the truck will just about sink there truck trying to get the boat to slide off the trailer.:dizzy:

I like watching the guys try to un-load there boats off the trailer with out un-tieing them. Man they sure can gun that engine with out the boat moving. Or the guy in the truck will just about sink there truck trying to get the boat to slide off the trailer.:dizzy:

Lol aint that the truth!

Reminds me, back in the summer i seen a guy grind his prop almost plum off setting on the boat ramp with his boat tied to the trailer lol. I hated to laugh, but damn i couldnt keep from it when they put it back on the trailer and pulled it out of the water because it wouldnt move!

Oh yeah, thats always a good time as well. I like it when they back em in too far and drop the trailer tires off the end of the concrete ramp. Thats always a good time watching em get down in the water trying to pick the trailer up far enough to pull it out. :ices_rofl:

Watched a guy about burn a set of rear tires off a Dodge Ram diesel doing that one time.

Latest posts

Back