Some amusement while I was working on saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, thats always a good time as well. I like it when they back em in too far and drop the trailer tires off the end of the concrete ramp. Thats always a good time watching em get down in the water trying to pick the trailer up far enough to pull it out. :ices_rofl:

Watched a guy about burn a set of rear tires off a Dodge Ram diesel doing that one time.

My sisters Ex-husband did that once. Thank god screw jacks work under water:msp_biggrin:. It was low tide, and he is a "know it all" kind of guy so I just sat back and watched the fun.

At the very least he is going to ruin everyones county mandated check valves, those things are easily damaged by flow as well as pressure.

Just got home from church and he is farther down the street with "the rig". I am guessing that he must be at least in his late 60's, so he has a bit of life experience. After I put the compressor in his garage yesterday he told me a bit about the origin of this project. Seems someone came along a couple of years ago and was charging $125 to blow out each system. He thought that was a bit much, so last year he rented a compressor. It must have been small, as he said it took him "24 hours" to do several yards as the pressure would drop to 60 PSI. He mentioned that no matter how much money you have, $100 is $100.

I guess this year he stepped up his game, he got 7 people to go in with him and said it only cost them $25.00 each. I checked Sunbelt Rental on-line and it is only $120 per day, so a weekend rental may be less. He claims the airflow is "limited" and the compressor is set up for this purpose.

Took a couple of pictures, but just found out that there are 540 to load (dating back to Terry Landrum's GTG in June). Once they are done and I eat lunch, I will post.

Some of that short-wheelebase tow-behind equipment is comical to backup -- they will jacknife in a heartbeat, and many times you can't even see them out the back window of an SUV. I can thread my big 7x16 trailer through a needle while drunk with one eye closed, but the little buggers require some focus.

The guy probably has the right compressor. Blowing out sprinklers takes a lot of volume of air at low pressure. A typical "shop" style compressor won't have nearly enough CFM or tank volume. I blow out my sprinklers with a 60 gal shop compressor, and it's a chore -- barely sufficient. Each zone will quickly deplete the tank and any pressure, so the compressor essentially goes into continuous operation. I have to take breaks between zones since you really are not supposed to run that type of compressor in continuous use. So a big construction type compressor is really the right tool, you just have to be careful about pressure and procedures with valves, etc. I use 50psi max when blowing out my sprinkler lines.

Overkill ! I think that's it hilarious that the neighbor rented a machine he couldn't drive , my old neighbor rented a backhoe to knock down a garage that could barely house a lawn owner and it was basically termites holding hands anyway , it took him about 2o minutes to get the hoe situated for the big demo then with one half ass swat the whole thing fell over , then he basically destroyed his yard loading all 5 yards of it into a rented 40 yard dumpster ! I hang with the guy and I still break his balls about it and his answer is Eddie no one brings a small bull to a rodeo and we laugh and laugh :hmm3grin2orange:

I just got a 12 pack for finishing the cut on a 12" trunk of a weeping willow and cutting about six rounds ot of the rest of the trunk. He couldn't do it with a 10" electric saw with the kickback gard in place. The whole deal including walking to my houe to get the 346xp took about 3 minutes. Love living in a housing tract!

Yuppr . Sometimes just the look on the face of someone you just helped is worth it, especially when the Craftsman they are using is out-of-tune , dull, and not responding well to the stale gas they left in it since the last windstorm 2 years previous. Ya gotta love good runnin, well maintained pro-saws !

I like setting at the boat ramp watching them try to get the trailers straight enough to load the boat on. My wife always gets some looks when she goes and gets my f250 and trailer and backs it down the ramp first try, while the kids and i set on the boat waiting on her.

Seen a few guys spend 10 minutes trying to get their boat in or out of the water lol.

Same here. I'm a fishing guide (and have handyman/tree removal clients on islands), and whether I'm laughing or cussing the antics I see at the boat landing depends on whether I'm done for the day or whether I'm forced to run late meeting a client because two in a row can't back their boats into the water.

Guido, you gotta get video of that neighbor destroying everyone's sprinkler systems. :D :D

Or you could always, as mentioned, show him how to tone the sucker down. ;)

I don't see any pics of the Poulans. Never happened.

I like watching the guys try to un-load there boats off the trailer with out un-tieing them. Man they sure can gun that engine with out the boat moving. Or the guy in the truck will just about sink there truck trying to get the boat to slide off the trailer.:dizzy:

Lol aint that the truth!

Reminds me, back in the summer i seen a guy grind his prop almost plum off setting on the boat ramp with his boat tied to the trailer lol. I hated to laugh, but damn i couldnt keep from it when they put it back on the trailer and pulled it out of the water because it wouldnt move!

Oh yeah, thats always a good time as well. I like it when they back em in too far and drop the trailer tires off the end of the concrete ramp. Thats always a good time watching em get down in the water trying to pick the trailer up far enough to pull it out. :ices_rofl:

Watched a guy about burn a set of rear tires off a Dodge Ram diesel doing that one time.

My sisters Ex-husband did that once. Thank god screw jacks work under water:msp_biggrin:. It was low tide, and he is a "know it all" kind of guy so I just sat back and watched the fun.

Typical weekend in July.(I live across from a lake).
I like to open the door on the garage when working saws n' stuff on the weekends and watch "TV".
I really need to learn how to weld Aluminum and fix outboards.
It amazes me how someone can have 2-3 houses, nice brand new cars every other year,ect., and have Zero common sence.
Then on the 4th they get trashed and play with explosives.:msp_mellow:

Just got back from eating lunch at the club, my next door neighbors were there. The wife is the Gladys Kravitz of the neighborhood, knew all about the episode and thanked me for helping. It turns out the fellow I helped is an engineer by trade, that may be helpful in the future. "Gladys" also asked if I was running a weedeater yesterday, told her no, I was playing with saws!

"The rig" has now moved farther down the street. Here is the picture I shot before lunch.

October72012539.jpg

Here are a couple of the Poulans I was working on yesterday.

Saws.jpg

I've got that same four foot level down stairs. My pops gave it to me when I bought my house. It was part of the "Your a home owner, your going to need this stuff!" supplies he gave me.

Just got back from eating lunch at the club, my next door neighbors were there. The wife is the Gladys Kravitz of the neighborhood, knew all about the episode and thanked me for helping. It turns out the fellow I helped is an engineer by trade, that may be helpful in the future. "Gladys" also asked if I was running a weedeater yesterday, told her no, I was playing with saws!

That is a nice looking Husky! What model is it? Hope to see ya a week, meant to tell you that Dayton of yours is a looker. Cant blame you for holding on to it.

Well apparently he learned something from my efforts yesterday or he found someone else to assist him as the Lexus and compressor are not in his driveway or on the street and Sunbelt is closed on Sunday.

Sounds like the engineer did learn by watching someone experienced! Rep sent for teaching and sounds like someone who has a lexus should be brought over to the evil side and be infected with CAD.... ;)

Hope you and your family have been running around all day long with a hard hat on...... you know maybe someone thought "in high pressure I'll be much quicker...".

Thanks for the story, learned a lot from it!

Last edited:
Back