Some father and son time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is how big your boy will grow by the time he is 12th grade. My son started hitting the weights in 6th grade. 7th grade he was working out before school, come home shower and then to school.
He took all kinds of supplements for strength and bulking up not for definition.

This pic he was had his heaviest 240's. Since 2013 football season has ended. He has quit lifting and quit taking the supplements. He is now back down in the 190's.
He now is in college in honors program and pre-med.

Get your son and team into a powerlifting during off season. it will get them all working together in off season too. Keep your eye on the prize for hardwork in off season.

sen14.jpg nccchampsrings 006.JPG

I lost my dad when I was only 7 and went on to have 2 daughters so I have no actual father-son experience of any kind. While my girls and I are very close, they were girls and didn't (don't) want to do all the "guy" things dad does. I did make sure they know how to check their oil and change a flat tire... other than that they rely on dear old dad.

Here is how big your boy will grow by the time he is 12th grade. My son started hitting the weights in 6th grade. 7th grade he was working out before school, come home shower and then to school.
He took all kinds of supplements for strength and bulking up not for definition.

This pic he was had his heaviest 240's. Since 2013 football season has ended. He has quit lifting and quit taking the supplements. He is now back down in the 190's.
He now is in college in honors program and pre-med.

Get your son and team into a powerlifting during off season. it will get them all working together in off season too. Keep your eye on the prize for hardwork in off season.

View attachment 395854 View attachment 395859

Bradley has put on weight since that picture. He is always going to be very lean, fast and strong. He lifts heavy and eats like a pig along with supplements. He has always been 100 mph at anything he has done. Watched him score 3 tds in one game last year. Very proud father that day.

Here is my mini me Jacob. He is the youngest and only 10 years old. He played halfback and middle linebacker in his league. He had 21 sacks and 11 tds to lead his league on both sides of the line. I lost count of his tackles but it was a lot. I help coach his team and the head coach nicked named him the BEAST lol. He carried the name well...

If you dont have a powerlifting program in off season IMO start one. Ours sucked run by our coaches and I started getting the kids and taking ones that wanted to go to meets. We traveled and went against much bigger schools as a team. We even took a best team effort 2nd with 17 kids. Many of them even set powerlifting records that are kept for their weight classes.

Good luck John and enjoy the ride.

@MarkEagleUSA , I have two lil girls. Older one is a great shot with her .22 just got her a .17hmr bolt gun to slow her down a bit (and save me $$in ammo) her 10/22 really sings when she is pullin the trigger. The littler girl always wants to help daddy with firewood. But I here you on them not always wanting to do guy/daddy things. Just gotta make the best of it. Btw the girls have gokarts and quads and will lip a bass that most their boy cousins wouldn't. They are deffinetly daddy's girls.

In Toppers sport they a prohibited from gym workouts, weights and supplements until they are 16yrs old. He does core training two nights and sport the other two. He is 80kg and is as big now at 13 that I was at 19. Love watching him play football not the Irish or soccer but rugby union a great game...........................

Back