Some new Big Saw Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added a video today of a Homelite XP1000. It needed a good cleaning, points cleaned and gapped and the carb rebuilt. This one is interesting for a couple of reasons. First when I got it I thought the full wrap handle was a later addition, but there is a bracket on the back of the large bucking spike that bolts to the spike and the front of the handle. Another thing is the clutch cover extension that before this saw I thought was exclusive to the 2100's. Anyway the extension and the bracket from spike to handle bar were painted the same color as the saw before I cleaned the rust off of them. I'm not unhappy about any of it as it is what I would have done to the saw to maximize it's potential anyway, I just never saw an XP1000 that had allthis stuff already. Also the saw has 148# comp. The title of the video on youtube is "Hoss's XP1000". I like how this saw cuts and hope you guys do too. Anyone who could post a link if they watch it would be appreciated.

Looking good Hoss. Now you need an auto oiler for it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bIx9fKhnNd0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bIx9fKhnNd0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nah the XP1000 was the first saw in this family I ever owned and I had a lot of trigger time on it to get used to that manual oiler. Anyway if the O-rings are in good shape the oiler really puts out.

Hey Hoss Did you make any vids of the Stihl 090G or 041G yet . I am interested in what I can expect out of my 090G. I found out that there is a 041G about 6 miles from my house, I might see if they are willing to part with it.

Thanks

Beefie

There should be a video of the 090G in my videos on youtube. It's not a great video as the wood was too small to show what these will do. I will try to make another with a bigger piece of wood. My 041g is sold to AS member Teddy Scout.

Latest posts

Back