Some new Big Saw Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing a 137cc 090G won't out pull. Not many, I know legitimately exist. However, albeit a close run, no way.

I have a 137cc 090G and a 3100G. I have ran them in the same wood and the 3100 has been faster the last two years. This was in small wood though. There are videos somewhere.

Bill

No, not as a standard. No clear cut evidence if they ever left the factory that way, sanctioned dealer upgrade or swapped P&C by their owners. I'm not any expert by any stretch of the imagination and should have made that clear in my earlier post. In my experiences I've not seen one beat lugging long chains in big oak. Too many variables between particular saws, operators and woods to substantiate my earlier statement.

Well said, you are a good man.
McCulloch had a few dealers that installed Kart motors, mostly direct drives, I have seen two geardrives that had Kart power. Conversions are in a class of their own.

I have seen two geardrives that had Kart power. Conversions are in a class of their own.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is something I would loved to have seen! I'd bet those were beasts. I have a 101B in a 797 and it has just a surplus of power even with the saw exhaust and carb, so I gotta believe that on a geardrive with that motor the sky would be just about the only limit on bar length.

I have a 137cc 090G and a 3100G. I have ran them in the same wood and the 3100 has been faster the last two years. This was in small wood though. There are videos somewhere.

Bill

I've seen the 090G vid and that thing would not quit. I would like to see the 3100 vid, but couldn't find it.

Ok guys I added a couple more today. As always if some kind individual could link em here, that would be great.
The first one is of a rare Pioneer 800 that I recently aquired. This thing is a 126cc beast. I know the bar is short, but that is the bar that came with it and since the bar studs are about 6" apart, I haven't had time to deepen the bar slot on a long bar yet.
The second one is of my long time prey the Homelite 3100G. The saw runs great and has a new thin ring piston in it. It is pushing about 165psi. The tank and muffler cover were painted non matching colors, so until I re-paint them I just cleaned all the paint off those parts. This saw is using a .404 8pin in the video.
The title of the pioneer vid is "Hoss's Pioneer 800".
The title of the 3100G vid is "Hoss's 3100G".
I hope you guys enjoy them.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3XdGyLY1kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3XdGyLY1kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewhV65traD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewhV65traD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Thanks for the help Wildman. How's that echo 900 doing?

It's going well. I got a brand new piston and rings sitting here in front of me actually waiting for the base gasket, airfilter and some fitted lines for it to arrive. It runs good now but you can see a little damage from the bad airfilter on the piston in it so I might as well treat it to some new life while its avaliable

It's going well. I got a brand new piston and rings sitting here in front of me actually waiting for the base gasket, airfilter and some fitted lines for it to arrive. It runs good now but you can see a little damage from the bad airfilter on the piston in it so I might as well treat it to some new life while its avaliable

Glad to hear that you are treatin er right. Those 900's are an underated classic muscle saw.

Glad to hear that you are treatin er right. Those 900's are an underated classic muscle saw.

I may have my buddy down the road do some cleanup on the cylinder while its apart. just some very mild dremel just for fun. I have an 8 pin rim here for it to try out. It should be coming together soon.

That 3100 is really bada$$ hoss. How much different is it from a 1100/1130 series?

That 3100 is really bada$$ hoss. How much different is it from a 1100/1130 series?[/QUOTE]

Veeeeery different. My 1130 is very strong (and almost new) and I woulddn't have thought that the 3100G would be THAT much stronger, but I was WRONG. There is a reason these are so sought after and it's not just cuz they are rare. I own most of the classic muscle geardrives and this saw is head and shoulders stronger (yes even than my 990G). This thing turns some revs too (probably that thin ring piston). All I can say is YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!

Awesome pair on the gear drives HOSS!
Vids kick some a$$!

3100 G looks SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya got a couple more sweeties there Hoss.
Those big Pioneers are very hard to find.
The 3100 is a true muscle saw and rare
as well. You don't see them often,
Unless your in my garage. :cheers:

Lee

Hoss, I just found out you sold the 744??

I sure wish you would have let me know you were going to do that.........

Heck I sold it on ebay where everyone has a chance. If I had just singled out one person to contact and sell to with a saw this rare, how many of this same message would I have gotten? When I got it in the first place I musta got ten PM's telling me to contact so and so if I wanted to sell it.

Heck I sold it on ebay where everyone has a chance. If I had just singled out one person to contact and sell to with a saw this rare, how many of this same message would I have gotten? When I got it in the first place I musta got ten PM's telling me to contact so and so if I wanted to sell it.

No that OK its yours and you can do with it as you please, no problem. I don't blame you for doing it on ebay either, like you said its the fair way.

You didnt have to single anyone out though.

I just missed the listing thats all and if I had known about it you would have gotten more money for it.

Back