Some new Big Saw Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 3100. There's a lot of those big old homelites that run good.

This coming week or weekend I am hoping to get some vids done of a Pro Mac 1000, a Homelite XP1000 and an 041G Stihl. I'm kinda excited to see how the PM1000 and 041 do. I know the XP will be average on speed and real torquey. I will be curious to run the XP1000 next to my Super1050. Also got a 700D homie in the works, but that will probably be a couple of weeks yet.

Wait till you guys see the 3100G in action. This one has 165psi and I got a line on a 5' log to use for test cuts with the 60" bar i'm gonna put on this beast. YeeeeeeHaaaaaawwwww!

what else did you need to do to get it running?

the day I got that one I had to fix the starter first. The guy that brought it
was helping me check it out.

once we got the starter working I put the comp tester in and put it on the ground.

he was holding the gauge and I started pulling. He showed me the gauge and it was at about 50 lbs..

I said "dang it", another dead one.. then I found out he had is finger
on the release button.

next pull was 160 :)

Well the points were corroded and there was some corrosion in the carb (but minor), so I installed a chip, cleaned the flywheel and coil and got a nice fat spark, after that all it needed was the carb rebuilt. As far as running that was all it needed, but I also did some cleanup on the airbox and muffler.

By the way, I have been negligent in not doing this before, but I want to give Bill G. a huge THANK YOU as the deal for this 3100 would never have happened without his help. Thanks Bill, this was an itch I thought I was never gonna be able to scratch.

I had to make sure the 1050 was set for the Cutting Edge GTG tomorrow.
This was the 1st time I've run it with a decent-sized bar. It came with a 20". :dizzy:
Lots of fun. Boy, that .404 chain throws some huge chips ! Like horse bedding size !

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid388.photobucket.com/albums/oo329/BrianVT16/Homelite1050x2/DSCN3703.flv">

Nice video. Always love the sound these things make. I think a roller tip bar makes all the saws from that era look just right.:clap:

BrainVT
NICE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND NICE SAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Stop by Cuttinscott's tomorrow and you can run it if you want.
(bring ear plugs, lol)

I'd probably get a headache.
Yup. I made the mistake of warming it up with no ear plugs and it left a little "crackle" pain in my ears. Pretty dumb of me. I can't help but imagine guys working a whole shift with one on these old saws and no ear protection.

Yup. I made the mistake of warming it up with no ear plugs and it left a little "crackle" pain in my ears. Pretty dumb of me. I can't help but imagine guys working a whole shift with one on these old saws and no ear protection.

Nice looking 1050 Brian. It sounds real good to.

As for the hearing mine is so bad it doesn't bother me at all. I hate those damn things over on in my ears to . It's like a lose lose situation.

What time are you planning on going to cuttin scotts?

My grandpa ran his own logging company from '46 until '66 and he mainly started with Disstons and Macs. My grandma complained heavily when he switched over to Homelites because of the "ear-piercing" sound they had.

What time are you planning on going to cuttin scotts?
I'll probably be there @ 9:30-10:00 until noon, or... ? We'll see how it goes.
This 1050 has the SDC and I read where you asked about the difference to the HL. If you don't catch me at Scott's you're welcome to come to my house any time and try it. Bring yours, of course, and your 925 for me to try. I need an S clip for the bar on mine before I can try it.

I'll probably be there @ 9:30-10:00 until noon, or... ? We'll see how it goes.
This 1050 has the SDC and I read where you asked about the difference to the HL. If you don't catch me at Scott's you're welcome to come to my house any time and try it. Bring yours, of course, and your 925 for me to try. I need an S clip for the bar on mine before I can try it.

I actually just bought a brand new SDC carb. It came in the mail today. I'm trying to track down a intake for it so I can get it going. I wont be able to make it to cuttin scotts while you are there then cause i gotta run to MASS and grab a homelite 360 in really nice shape by the looks of it...case and everything.

Maybe your buddy will want that for the 550. There is a new complete chainbrake assembly for sale to for it.

Hey guys, just posted a new video of a PM1000 Mac. The title is "Hoss's Mac PM1000". Nice condition and runs strong. The bar and chain are the same ones I used in my Solo 603 video. Any one who could link it here would be appreciated. I had one before, but not this nice or strong. Hope you guys like it. I should have an XP1000 homie, partner 7000 and Alpina 120 videos up soon.

Hey guys, just posted a new video of a PM1000 Mac. The title is "Hoss's Mac PM1000". Nice condition and runs strong. The bar and chain are the same ones I used in my Solo 603 video. Any one who could link it here would be appreciated. I had one before, but not this nice or strong. Hope you guys like it. I should have an XP1000 homie, partner 7000 and Alpina 120 videos up soon.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BW0gtMzZxM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BW0gtMzZxM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice saw.

Back