Some saws not seen outside Japan often

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing your saws with us.
Your English is better then a lot of people from this country, myself included. How many languages do you speak ?
Tell me more about your little truck. I would love to have one but can only use them off road here.

Later
Dan

I did four years of college in an international school some 30+ years ago.
I was born and grew up in Germany, though.
That makes three languages, but I hardly use German or English in daily life.
I speak Japanese fluently, but being a lazy bum I never really learned how to write which makes me illiterate :laugh:.

My little truck is a Subaru Sambar 2-wheel drive, 660 cc, approx. 1600 lbs, 800 lbs load capacity and 70+ mph fast (which is a bit scary, though).

I did four years of college in an international school some 30+ years ago.
I was born and grew up in Germany, though.
That makes three languages, but I hardly use German or English in daily life.
I speak Japanese fluently, but being a lazy bum I never really learned how to write which makes me illiterate :laugh:.

My little truck is a Subaru Sambar 2-wheel drive, 660 cc, approx. 1600 lbs, 800 lbs load capacity and 70+ mph fast (which is a bit scary, though).

So Where is the engine located in that little devil?

Neither would I. But for these small trucks there are only 3 possible locations:
Between/behind the seats (tiny cab space for passengers)
Mid-ship (Hondas are built like that)
Rear engine

A spacious cab protects best in my opinion.

Local farmers here use those little trucks. I have seen them run the roads here but I'm not sure if it was legal. A farm just one mile from me has more than five of them and I was told he sells them.

Local farmers here use those little trucks. I have seen them run the roads here but I'm not sure if it was legal. A farm just one mile from me has more than five of them and I was told he sells them.

had a local guy selling some of these. saw one at a gas station with a new tag on it,not sure what had to be done (if anything?) to register it.

So it's basically a UTV with a bigger bed and better cab.And faster.Sorta laid out like the old Corvair and VW bus/pickups.

I think utvs are actually larger interior wise. I was stationed in Iwakuni and I had to drive around in those quite a bit. They are super cramped.

I'm in Japan and have a translator app on the phone! Let the saw hunting begin... SEAM, any tips? I'm in Yokosuka for the entire week and will be going home Friday night as soon as my business is done.

Thanks for any help!
Randy

I'm in Japan and have a translator app on the phone! Let the saw hunting begin... SEAM, any tips? I'm in Yokosuka for the entire week and will be going home Friday night as soon as my business is done.

Thanks for any help!
Randy

Well, just hit the countryside and look for agricultural machinery service (noukiguya) outlets... some of those shops keep heaps of old saws for parts - or at least they used to.
Finding things in Japan is not easy. Most of the old equipment gets scrapped right away.

Latest posts

Back