Someone is liking firewood season...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have three boys. The one in my avatar is my oldest. That was three years ago. All three have them little Husky saws. They all love to help me cut firewood. They get upset if they cant go with me. I only take them out with me when safety permits. All three love to help me around the house with the firewood though.

I'm the last remaining male in the tree. I ended up with 2 girls that I wouldn't trade for anything. The name may stop with me but the bloodline continues.

I have a son that's 5 and a daughter that's 3 and neither have any interest in chain saws and i'm ok with that.

I don't heat the house with wood, but i do have a barrel stove in the garage and a fireplace in the house but i get all the wood i want at work. I rarely use a saw at home so they're never around one.

I'm the last remaining male in the tree. I ended up with 2 girls that I wouldn't trade for anything. The name may stop with me but the bloodline continues.
i know the feeling. One girl and thats it for me. At this point she might as well be a son....I cant stop her from helping with everything. She had to have her own saw...at 3 she already gets in the junk drawer in the kitchen to get a screwdriver/ hammer to FIX things. Fortunately most of what she fixes is her mothers and wasnt broken until she decides it needs fixed

I'm trying to decide if I want to know or not I hope its a boy and I think I almost need to find out if its a boy Cuz it'll help me adjust if it's not a boy give me more time you know what I mean

Don't find out. The wife will be glad she didn't if you can convince her not to find out.

Got three kids and never checked, being surprised is the best part, at least for us it was, never really understood why anyone would want to know.

I don't get it either.

Same thing here. But honestly, when you see the echography, it is pretty easy to see it's a boy!

But it's good to know, we already have a lot of boy's clothes, the room is green, and his first chainsaw will be a Husky 346xp:D

If it had to be a girl, I had bought a Stihl:p
#1 was a girl, we

were surprised. never thought
about what it would be like to have
a daughter ... and frankly, I was
fine with just her. always wanted a
son, but truthfully when I met her I
was completely fine if I never had
any more kids. I have a son too,
and for him we found out ahead of
time, for the reason that I wouldn't
be disappointed to have another
girl, just disappointed to not have a
son... I knew we were stopping at 2
... so we decided to find out so I
could emotionally deal with
whatever it was going to be before
it came. my little guy is 2 and his ,favorite
for those about to have little ones, I promise you, it doesn't matter boy or girl. you will love them either way and the day they are born you won't care which is which.

to the op... nice little guy you have there!

I mess tbis post way up..... thank you for the good words of experienced people. Thank you

5 boys and one 3 year old girl that loves to help. The oldest three boys will work firewood and work hard but two of them have to be asked first.
Get them all working, they'd go through the wood in a hurry!! I sometimes take my wife's adopted brothers...they do really well and go through the wood when they aren't bickering, or complaining about how hard I'm making them work.

My oldest is out helping me and my father every weekend. He loves helping to haul and split. Hope it stays that way for a long time.IMG_20150822_101635219.jpg

My daughter is a hell of a lot more interested in helping with firewood than my son is. All kids are wonderful!

I was fine not knowing, but my wife wanted to so we did. It was the most amazing thing to see my beautiful little girl in that ultrasound. Shes now 16 months and is attached at the knee every day after work and the weekends. Shes pissed if she doesnt get to go out to the shop with me. Love every minute of it!

dont have young kids,, have grand kids now,,,, wife and i have spent a lot of time processing wood together,, she is a big help,,, like this week i dropped 5 more trees here so we need to get those cleaned up and stacked,,,,, we work good together

Latest posts

Back