Something Gypo Logger's Never Cut!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, but it looks like the back-cut is more level.....

Niko,,, without being able to really size-up the tree with the few photos provided and the tree in relation to the gradual slope he was on may have all to do with just that,,, An old westcoast fallers trick LOLOL!!!!!!!

seriously it looked to me the tree had quite a bit of a head lean,, so that may have had something to do with him compensating for it !!!!!! get Dennis to ask Aaron!!!!:dizzy:

Last edited:
You know Niko falls trees that big and bigger everyday.........

Fred

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like your son is happy. I also know some of those trees will fall without making a sound. Makes the dad in me feel a bit nervous, bettin you feel the same now and again. I also know he'll be hacking up black goo for weeks. Good times, eh?

Hey Dennis

Is that the Moonlight burn salvage? We started on the Crescent Mills side and went until we were snowed out last year. All the wood went to SP...Quincy, Lincoln, and Burney. All private ground so far...I think they had the THP in place before the fire was even out. If things go right the private ground should be finished this fall some time.

The Fed stuff, as far as I know, hasn't even gone up for bid yet. Typical. They'll probably call it the Moonlight Re-Offer cause it'll go to bid so many times because nobody will want to mess with stuff that saves out at less than 20%.

You've seen this before. Don't they ever learn?

The Fed stuff, as far as I know, hasn't even gone up for bid yet. Typical. They'll probably call it the Moonlight Re-Offer cause it'll go to bid so many times because nobody will want to mess with stuff that saves out at less than 20%.

Fed stuff????? where???? :dizzy:

Is that the Moonlight burn salvage? We started on the Crescent Mills side and went until we were snowed out last year. All the wood went to SP...Quincy, Lincoln, and Burney. All private ground so far...I think they had the THP in place before the fire was even out. If things go right the private ground should be finished this fall some time.

Yeah Bob, it's the Moonlight burn. They're coming in Moonlight valley and working up above Lights creek. I think the logs are going out North Arm. There's a bunch of different loggers in there trying to get it all out.

Last edited:
Nice pictures Dennis.Something we don't see alot here.Must be really rough cutting that stuff.I mill alot of dead ash,which is hard on the saw and chain,but burnt wood is something else altogether.I sure wouldn't want to handle that stuff. Mark Groza

thanks for sharing... nasty looking conditions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back