Splitter finally ordered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kafinlayson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Finally I ordered a splitter. After a few years of borrowing/renting them I got the go ahead to get one. I really wanted a timberwolf 2HD. After I got to looking into the American CLS 25HH I think it will meet my needs just fine and be a great machine. The hydraulic lift was a big piece of the puzzle for me so I got that also with the "pans". I will get the 4 way wedge this summer. Now I have to wait until it gets here....probably be 2 weeks, maybe 3. Excited is the understatement. It will really be nice to head out and kill an hour or so splitting when nothing is going on and do it on my schedule for a change.

Think I'll go out and cut some this afternoon and begin getting a pile ready.:chainsaw:

and that is the main reason i wanted one with the hydraulic lift. Also got the hitch put on the opposite end. "reverse hitch" I think they call it. super excited and will post a pic or two once it arrives.

I have about 60 rounds of maple stacked beside the splitter and believe it or not I haven't started it at all, been using the fiskars so far just for the quiet, not in a hurry to split them, just 2 or 6 or 8 every now and then...
Not at all to take away from your splitter, I did do an all day stint on it a few times in the last 6 months....

Congrats though, you will love it

I can not wait for it to get here. Like a kid at xmas. I have two big oaks piled up waiting and hope to get a few more before its arrival. Want to give a good test.

Be sure and put pictures up as soon as it arrives all nice and shiny!!

Looking forward to your pics and how you like the log lift and pans.

The specs said 10 sec cycle time. I have a a 4" cylinder with a 1.75" ram & use a 16 gpm pump. I have a cycle time < 9 sec. Time your splitter. Unless you have a 1.5" ram, you should have < 9 sec.

It's Friday! What's happening?????????????
Suspense. Where is that damn shipping truck?????????????

No $#(*^@, just got off the phone with the shipping company. They had bad weather so it won't be here until Monday! Totally bummed!

When My super split was supposed to come it was the day before a holiday and I got the song and dance about people being on vacation and short staffed so I know your pain. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Back