Splitter Overkill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OVERKILL (&^^%^%^%) Never with me. I would try a 4 way splitter, if that went good, then go with and 6 way. Wish I could aford more:censored:

hey tazman didnt mean to offend or upset you or anyone else but we need swartzannegger type splitters i mainly go for the biggest blocks of wood i can get ie old growth and all the smaller stuff i sell to fuel my insatiable passion for chainsaws and wood cutting i just love it - nothing like the smell of freshly cut hardwood ie eucalyptus variety. the splitter head goes within 3inches from the bench so it would chomp your knotty timber , eventually ill mount wheels either side and a draw bar to tow it behind my 4x4 .regards to all steve. :chainsaw: RIP RIP WOODCHIPS :chainsaw:

hey tazman didnt mean to offend or upset you or anyone else but we need swartzannegger type splitters i mainly go for the biggest blocks of wood i can get ie old growth and all the smaller stuff i sell to fuel my insatiable passion for chainsaws and wood cutting i just love it - nothing like the smell of freshly cut hardwood ie eucalyptus variety. the splitter head goes within 3inches from the bench so it would chomp your knotty timber , eventually ill mount wheels either side and a draw bar to tow it behind my 4x4 .regards to all steve. :chainsaw: RIP RIP WOODCHIPS :chainsaw:

No offense taken friend! Yeah, I had an almost 15 year lay off from cutting wood -- I HAD to do it "back in the day" so it was more like work, oh wait, it was. Back then all I had was ONE chainsaw, ONE chain, a file, an ax, and my back. Now I've got tractors and splitters, etc and going back to wood heat has been a HUGE factor in getting one of my wayward children back in line. OK so she's 23 and had a little "too much partying" syndrome but there's way too much of her daddy in her! Cutting and hauling wood with me got her back where she should be. Don't know why but am grateful just the same.

I've done a lot in life and nothing really scares me anymore --- EXCEPT when I drop a 30" Maple about 60' tall (they branch out in a HUGE way...), make a perfect cut and undercut..................and have the damn wind kick up just as it starts to go.....................:jawdrop:

.........you never seen a little fat guy run so fast........................

OH YEAH................you're only telling me my splitter is wimpy because Olivia Newton-John has always loved an American ----- ME!

No worries!

more photos of big red

:chainsaw: hey guys this is for stihl sawing and the rest of you guys this old bugger is / was about 300- 400 years old the grampians are full of them this size and bigger they were extensively logged for railway sleepers, fence posts, tramway blocks, and bridge/ building and firewood.this one was 55 ton and the big blocks were averaging 2 to 2.5 cubic meters each:chainsaw:

another one bites the dust

its obvious, 1] its more comfortable to cut at this height 2]if ya have to run for what ever reason your already on your feet 3]after you drop it then you go and cut the stump if you feel like it, if not who cares as theres plenty more to drop , also makes a good table/ work bench regards steve / we only cut for firewood not for timber :chainsawguy:

its obvious, 1] its more comfortable to cut at this height 2]if ya have to run for what ever reason your already on your feet 3]after you drop it then you go and cut the stump if you feel like it, if not who cares as theres plenty more to drop , also makes a good table/ work bench regards steve / we only cut for firewood not for timber :chainsawguy:

Boombah that is some BIG wood. I've never seen anything like that in the Midwest US but then I've never been out west. I am very very impressed with the size of that stuff. How tall are those trees????

Why is he starting that cut so high? Seems to be waisting 2-3ft of wood there.

Hi, Like Steve said it's more comfortable for me especially when u have a buggered back - and after the tree is down we have a BBQ so the stump is used as a table, may go back in a couple years and cut up the stump. BTW some of these trees I drop are 130 - 140 ft - plenty of firewood in em.

Laurie

big reds

:chainsaw: hi stihl sawing as my mate laurie says 130 to 140 feet high and around 250yo to 350-400yo:jawdrop: he is the gun cutter:bowdown: and some of the big yellow box are pretty big as well and tough to split like hitting concrete with a 12lb sledge hammer i would like to send you a piece of red gum stihl sawing with a nice fiddle back grain but the postage would kill it regards steve good to see you on this thread laurie BTW this red gum is a very tough and durable timber can last as long as 50-60 years in the ground as fence posts and yellow box the same .try looking up eucalyptus mellidora - yellow box and eucalyptus camaldulensis - red gum and eucalyptus microcarpa - grey box :chainsawguy:

I'd like to have a whack at that big stuff with this splitter.
attachment.php

attachment.php

6 inch cylinder, 42 inch stoke,3100 psi
I think that gives just under 44 ton

now thats a great looking splitter

:chainsaw: excellent, now thats a great looking splitter , and a great way of making it mobile , i take my hat off to you !!!!you would be more than welcome to split the big reds with that. regards steve :chainsawguy:

Soon I get mine,,

I HAVE THE 25 TON WITH THE 8 HORSE HONDA GX ON THE WAY. MADE BY SPEECO,,AND ORDERED FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY. IT MAY BE HERE BY 4-29,,I TRIED TO GO WITH A DUERR,,BUT CAN'T FIND THEM ANY MORE I THINK THE CO WAS BOUGHT OUT? MY BROTHER'S IS ABOUT 20 YRS OLD AND STILL RUNS LIKE A CLOCK,,24 TON WITH A 5 HORSE B&S. ANYTHING OVER 20 TON WILL DO THE JOB FINE,,,YOU WILL SMILE EVER TIME YOU SEE THE INNER'S OF A LOG WITHOUT SWINGING A MAUL,,,,, ENJOY!

Back