Splitter Overkill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to have a whack at that big stuff with this splitter.
attachment.php

attachment.php

6 inch cylinder, 42 inch stoke,3100 psi
I think that gives just under 44 ton

Now that's a splitter. If your daughters boyfriend ticked you off you could just split his car in two.............GRIN

PS: Fab up or buy a catcher or "wings" too keep from picking up multiple split pieces. Sort of like this guy sells. Makes life easier. :cheers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270228526037&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1123

I bought that log catcher it is easy to remove. light weight seemed kind of flimsy but I have never had a problem with it. I run it off of a skid steer splitter and I bought an extra bracket so I could put the log catch on either side of the beam. David

Lowes

I bought my 27 ton splitter at lowes.... Honda GC motor, quiet and strong as a bastard. busting through my hickory and white and red oak like nothing... $1349

fuel

quite a bit as laurie had his saw running [880 magnum] flat stick 12 hour days for 4 days in total ,say a guesstimate of 60 to 80 litres :jawdrop: :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: steve heres some more shots of a big red this one was milled into some fine timber see end result this was nearly as big as the one from edenhope :cheers:

send ya daughter out here on work experience and we can negotiate lol steve :cheers: :chainsawguy: :jawdrop:

Mister believe me when I say I'll send her, but I'll gaurentee your going to send her BACK. When that happens I'll CHARGE you to take her back!

(Actually I'd be lost without her in the woods, she's a great partner works hard but can be really grouchy sometimes.....)

yep.. looks like speeco has honey combed base and increased thickness vs older model's thinner but solid steel base. someone claimed to have bent the base, but was not able to produce pictures. find it hard to believe someone could bend a base of this size, so I called BS...

Not a speeco , but I have a 28 ton Brave I bought from my step-grandpa.The plate was bent when I got it so i just put a band-aid on it. My welder is only 110 , if I had 220 i would have replaced the whole baseplate.

Last edited:
I saw a rental unit (an MTD!) bent like that just the other day at my local hardware store. Couldn't beleive they were renting out a piece of junk like that! :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back