Splitting buy hand/new trick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy2b

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
As you know splitting by hand is time consuming you"re always picking up pieces to split again and again. WHY?????
Try taking a bunge cord around the piece of wood before splitting,it will hold wood together while splitting into desired pieces. Best for 6-8 diameter pieces
and good for making kindling.:cheers:

As you know splitting by hand is time consuming you"re always picking up pieces to split again and again. WHY?????
Try taking a bunge cord around the piece of wood before splitting,it will hold wood together while splitting into desired pieces. Best for 6-8 diameter pieces
and good for making kindling.:cheers:

(This is the very reason) I have to work late everynight!!!!!!!!!!!

Using an old tire works well also, and if your stroke is short, no big deal.

Yep an old ATV tire is best. I screwed one down too the chopping block and the smaller hole is perfect for the size wood I do by hand. Holds it upright and no need to balance the wood. :clap: :greenchainsaw:

I split by hand an use a plastic trash can. Drop a round inside that's the right height and you will more than double your output.I usually load rounds into the truck and split as they come off.

Back