Stacked VS tossed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2001 , 130,000 miles roughly, 6 speed 4x4. I've had decent luck with it but it was abused before I got it. Just put a couple grand in it doing injectors. Hoping to upgrade to a international with a dt466 next year.

I will say that I prefer bow ties as well

When the dust settles, can you please let us know what the ratio ended up being for you? Thanks.

160 to 170 is correct, cubic foot loose tossed.
we stacked up a full cord a few times, tossed it into the truck. Wtih a couple arm loads in for good measure.... Truck sized to 163 cubic feet. Worked out to be very, very close. Sized the big truck to twice that for a 2 cord delivery, and stacked that up on a deck last year. Measured the results, and came up with 2.03 cords... I would have liked that at 5% over, but whatever.

I would say that 160 is a little short, and 170 is a bit over. Sizes of splits and length will alter the measurement some.

F550 is one bad azz truck.

I've always gone by 180 thrown equals one cord if the bolts are 16". If you are cutting longer than that then you need more cubic feet of thrown wood to equal a cord stacked. Something like 195 for 24" according to weighs and measures.

I've always gone by 180 thrown equals one cord if the bolts are 16". If you are cutting longer than that then you need more cubic feet of thrown wood to equal a cord stacked. Something like 195 for 24" according to weighs and measures.

I have a chart from the AK forestry dept and I want to say they estimate 170-200 cu/ft for loose splits.

I know it's not very repeatable to where I'd consider selling it loose and calling it x cords. I've hauled loads home just dumped in off the conveyor in my truck and have been +- 1/4 cord between loads of what should have been about 1.5 cords.

Truck bed is about 7.5ftx12ft with c about 39" tall sides. Can fit 2 stacked cords with a bit of room to spare.

Also stacking it means I can sort out the junk pieces as well as shovel out all the debris which makes for nice clean loads.

And no disagreement of amount. Had a customer call once saying they came up short which was really odd. Well his neighbor had helped himself to the pile. My processor pusher makes a fairly unique pattern on the end as well as sometimes rubs off orange paint so was pretty easy to tell.

Latest posts

Back