starting ms 400 mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
starting ms 440 mag

i got a new 440 (my first quality saw), first time starting took about 6 pulls to get it to pop and i expected that. than when warm, only 1 pull started it on idle with no choking. the next day, took 6 pulls again to pop when cold. but started on 1 pull after it is warmed. is 6 pulls normal for a cold start? or does is need carb adjustment or maybe just some "breaking in time"?

i took down 8 smaller trees about 8" diameter yesterday, used the 440 for felling and bucking but used my old snapper 1838 (really a poulan with snapper label) for limbing. just a day to get a feel for the new saw and it was a joy!!
thanks in advance!

HAPPY DAD'S EVERYONE!!

Last edited:
6 pulls not that bad for a new saw, I would run a few tanks through it and get it broken in before I started messing with the carb adjustments. If the saw was bought at a dealer you can take it back after a few tanks and let them check it out. Not uncommon for a new saw to need fine tuning after break in. Be careful.

Latest posts

Back