Sthil 028av wood boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we've had a few changes... The 026 would hardly start and once running idle would jump around. Started pulling apart for carb rebuild and found this hose broken in a few places. What is it called?
41909f254d16075b6d7958e1bcf2a835.jpg

Gonna place an order with baileys for a few things here soon.

Carb boot looks good as does the fuel line. Should I replace them anyway? Anything else since its tore down?

Oh and here's the piston intake side.
d57a793a08e338fc31f428edda769dd6.jpg

a834330ca62992bd47b12510f091edcc.jpg

That qould be the crappy idle. Cylinder aucking air making it go lean. Eventually ruining top end

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thanks! Also found out it's running a .325 spur sprocket,I'll add that in my cart too. I'm still trying to think positive on this purchase! Hahaha.

Got her cleaned up too. Purple power FTW!

Might not be a bad idea to replace the fuel line too while saw is apart then ya know its good too.

Yea I've already pulled it out. It "looks" ok but it's cheap insurance.

I've got Oregon .325 16" bar and chain,spur sprocket,a rim sprocket for the 028 and two fuel lines in my cart.

And are the impulse lines all the same? Not finding one for a 026 on there?

Yea I've already pulled it out. It "looks" ok but it's cheap insurance.

I've got Oregon .325 16" bar and chain,spur sprocket,a rim sprocket for the 028 and two fuel lines in my cart.

And are the impulse lines all the same? Not finding one for a 026 on there?
Not sure. I would think they are different but some one else might chime in with a part number or something for ya.

Playing with the wood boss today. Did some noodling,never bogged it till the camera came out. Hahaha.
I think I'm happy with this tune. What say ye?

Yea I've already pulled it out. It "looks" ok but it's cheap insurance. I've got Oregon .325 16" bar and chain,spur sprocket,a rim sprocket for the 028 and two fuel lines in my cart. And are the impulse lines all the same? Not finding one for a 026 on there?
Impulse hose part number for a Stihl 028AV is 1115 141 8600.

Your saw runs about the same as all of my 028 Supers. They will bog down a trifle on a noodle cut in hardwood like that. I generally noodle cut with the 036, 361, 046, etc. The MS 290 bogs down much more than what you showed here, but I'm not sure if that means anything. I'm usually more successful with semi-chisel chain when noodle cutting. I'll bet you're using full chisel.

Back