Stihl 011av?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfalco

Reaction score
First of all thanks in advance for any help. I've been searching the internet to no avail, so now it's time to ask the experts.
I recently got a great deal on a used Husqvarna 372xp, so I decided that I could get a smaller saw to replace my Husqvarna 350. Someone on craigslist offered to trade me a Stihl 011av. I was able to download the manual from Stihl, but it only has safety and maintanance information.

I'm trying to find out the weight, horsepower, and usable bar sizes.

I saw posts on this site mentioning that the orange madel is different than the white one. This saw is a white one.

Thanks again.

-Mike

Check this site,

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...98ff65f86b956a2188256dee005b7cc3?OpenDocument

Acres internet is the place to find saw info, the 011 is a nice saw and alot of parts are interchangable with the 009 to the 012. Now it depends on the condition of your husky, if it is in pretty good condition you could get more money selling it on ebay since 011's go for around 100 to 150. Do the trade if you just want a light, small limbing saw.

good luck

Thanks for the info! A small limbing saw is what I am looking for. Unfortunately that site didn't have the weight. does anybody know how much the 011 weighs? The husky 350 I might trade for it weight about 10 pounds, and I am looking for lighter weight.

The stihl will not be much lighter, if at all, because it is all metal, check the 012/010 for weight on the site. They are close to the 011 weight. It also depends on the bar size. If you just want a light saw, look for a 009. The top handle saws can get in tight spots because they are shorter.

I sold a stihl 011AV in perfect running condition with 3 chains a almost new bar and a orange stihl case for $80. IMO they are underpowered for a 41cc saw, case in point my little project 2250 36cc ate its lunch in 11" poplar with both running 16" 3/8LP.

I would keep the little 350 IMO.

Last edited:
011 weight and others

011weight.jpg

Another related quesiton...

What do the letters on the end of these Stihl models mean?

I see some folks say they have an AV and others (like me) an AVT. Are there different model letters that mean something? Or do folks just leave out a letter? Some just say they have a 011 with no letters??

Im a bit Confusedddddddd.

What do the letters on the end of these Stihl models mean?

I see some folks say they have an AV and others (like me) an AVT. Are there different model letters that mean something? Or do folks just leave out a letter? Some just say they have a 011 with no letters??

Im a bit Confusedddddddd.

The AV stands for Anti Vibe while the AVT stands for Anti Vibe Top Handle. All 011's were AV or AVT as I can remember.

Back