Stihl 028 WB Rebuild | Full Restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first total rebuild was an 028 also, but I wasn't nearly as "Chip Foose" about it as you are. Looking good on your rebuild, I am jonesing for some more pics, especially the newly powdercoated parts.

My first total rebuild was an 028 also, but I wasn't nearly as "Chip Foose" about it as you are. Looking good on your rebuild, I am jonesing for some more pics, especially the newly powdercoated parts.
I'm jonesing to get the parts back with fresh powder coat. Just as soon as they are back, I'll update the thread with plenty of pics. Everything else is ready to go-new seals, bearings, rubber and plastics.

Here are some pics after blasting
amebydas.jpg
e5a4e4ap.jpg
6ehy8ume.jpg
6u2eheba.jpg
tu4ura4u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike has some new PC that is good up to 1000 F. So I'm going to try it out. 028 mufflers seem pretty easy to come by-so if it doesn't work out, I'll slap a different one on.

With out powder on the pieces they feel flimsy

when you add 10 to 12 mils it gets the feel that it not's so flimsy

Clear powder would be neat !

these parts where bead blasted they feel cool and the surface is smooth

Sorry if this is a dumb question , are you going to powder coat the plastics on this saw , I didn't know you could /can you , , be neat if you can yeah , great neat finish on the bead blasting nice work

No you cant do the plastic.

You have to bake the powder at 400 f for 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is great, cant wait to see the poweder coating results. Were you able to find a new wood boss decal for the clutch cover?

This thread is great, cant wait to see the poweder coating results. Were you able to find a new wood boss decal for the clutch cover?
I've spent quite a bit of time looking for the decal with no luck. I have a couple pictures of some that I've gleaned from the web. If a decal doesn't pop up on eBay, I can recreate the graphics in Photoshop and print it on clear sticker paper. But I'm holding out for an original one first.

The blasted metal pieces turned out really well. Clear coated metal with black covers would be sharp.

Hopefully an original will pop up but at least you have an alternative. This saw is going to look so nice (basically it'll be brand new) you will have to have one on there lol

Back