• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 038AV Farm Boss $175

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that your saw here is an 038 AVS EQ which is a Super. I have seen several top plates on the 038 Super, including the o38 AV Super, the Farm Boss 038 AVS, and the Farm Boss 038 Super all with (or without) electronic quickstop in cursive. The manual says that the 038S , 038AVSE , 038AVSEQ , 038SP , 038SEQFB , and 038AVSEQSB all have the 67cc engine and the 50mm piston. The AV non-super model has the 48mm piston, and the 038 Magnum has the 52mm piston.

Well I measured it tonight at 1.970. Converting 50mm to English= 1.968504in so 50MM it is. The saw is a 038 Super. She is still scored though......................

Very tempting, but I have no need for an 038. I am also paring down my saw collection and parts now. They are good saws though. They still make and sell them south of the equator as the 381.

I normally never bump my own threads but I am going to tonight. We are socked in today/tonight with a ice storm and running on generator power so I never made it to FedEx t to ship out saws today. I have a long drive coming so I figure I would try to make it worth while to go to the airport Tuesday. In any event I believe this is a decent project and I feel it is worth what I am asking. With that being said I will sell it for $175 shipped tonight (Monday)

Might be interested in the saw for either of two friends needing a saw.

What would it cost in parts to get it right as rain?

A meteor piston and Caber rings were suggested.....

Latest posts

Back