Stihl 046 Magnum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee365

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m an Echo saw fan but came across an 046 Magnum for $150 close to me. I don’t think the Magnum means anything on the 046 like the 038. The saw looks well used but is advertised as a good runner that needs a worm gear for the oiler.

What is the reputation on the 046? Is parts availability much of a problem yet or does it share lost everything with the 460? I’ve been looking for a nice CS-800p for a 70+cc saw but am wondering if this 046 for $150 is sort of too good to pass up. Maybe it would be a fun restoration project. I’ve got a 43” oak that I may need to fall before it falls on its own at some point so I could use a saw a bit bigger saw than my CS-620p.

I’ve messed with an 800p and really like the old school features and durable feel of it but I’m not that brand loyal when a good deal comes up.

Not gonna lie, she looks a little rough. But it doesn’t appear to be missing any parts. The owner said it runs good other than the oiling issue. Maybe a little restoration would spruce it up a bit.

it was on Facebook and he waited too long...decent runner, have spent around $100 on various parts that needed replacing, but should make a good addition to the stable.

Latest posts

Back