Stihl 075, 076 Differences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
What are the differences between models that I should be aware of if I decide to accumulate a couple 051/075/076 parts saws to rebuild? On paper the 075 and 076 seem nearly identical, save for bore diameter (59mm versus 58mm). Are P/C and other parts for the two pretty much interchangeable? Thanks!

parts are interchangable. 075 cyl/piston combo will fit on the 076 block and so on. i also beleive that the 075/76 cyl/piston can be made to fit the 051 block if you install the long studs. i would not advise cheating like that :p

There are at least two different crankcases for the 051/75, and some differnces in the oiler - like a manual oiler (in addition to the automatic oiler) on the 76 etc. There are also points and electronic versions of the 051 and 75.

The 076 used a different flywheel and a starter/gas tank assembly. The 076's tank and flywheel are the more modern ones that are used on the the ts 510 and 760. These 076 uses a starter pawl to engage the flywheel. The 075 use the friction shoe assembly. That is the only real difference between the models.
Travis

Latest posts

Back