Stihl 260 no more

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtfly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First of all go to my local dealer and before I ask anything he's trying to sell me the 280. I ask him if he has the 260 in stock, he says no they don't make them anymore because he can't find them in the catalogue. I show him the pro section and he says he can probably order them. He then goes to the stihl pricing booklet and it only shows prices for the 260 pro, it does no list the plain 260. My question, are they only making the pro now?

I think Andreas Stihl OK'd that dealer himself through the Stihl customer quality assurance program.

The basic 260 is still with us.

Over here it is called the "Farm Boss", and listed as a "mid-range" saw, alongside the 280 and 390.

We don't have the 270, 290 or 310 here.
The 270 was withdrawn after a couple of years, and the 290/310 have not been sold here at all, I think.

Last edited:
My local dealer told me that the 260 is his #1 seller year in year out....including THIS year.

Big Woody said:
I think Andreas Stihl OK'd that dealer himself through the Stihl customer quality assurance program.

LOL!

The "Stihl customer quality assurance program" means that they check the customer for 'quality' upon entering the store.

The dealer just needs to pony up the franchise money to qualify.

coveredinsap said:
LOL!

Complete idiot.. No facts again...

There is no franchise or other fee to be a Stihl dealer...

Last edited:
O.K. Sap, whatever you say.

Just a damn shame that you have to turn this into a "bash Stihl" and "bash Larry" tread. I thought that we had plenty of those already.

coveredinsap said:
LOL!

The "Stihl customer quality assurance program" means that they check the customer for 'quality' upon entering the store.

There is some truth to what your saying there Sap. We sell so many we can pretty well toss boneheads like you out the door and never think twice about it. So yeah in a way your right for a change,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

THALL10326 said:
There is some truth to what your saying there Sap. We sell so many we can pretty well toss boneheads like you out the door and never think twice about it. So yeah in a way your right for a change,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Sap dosent even qualify as a door stop...they just let the door hit him in the a$$ coming in and going out....:laugh: :laugh:

04ultra said:
Sap dosent even qualify as a door stop...they just let the door hit him in the a$$ coming in and going out....:laugh: :laugh:

With a little training, he "MIGHT" quality as a door mat. Unfortunately sap will get stuck on the boots making the problem worse...

Pity we can just vote people off this site by poll...

fishhuntcutwood said:
Pity they won't ban him either. I think his derailing threads like this really takes away from the site.

Just add his profile to your 'IGNORE' list.
Problem solved.

JPP said:
Problem solved.

Unless you forget to login then you see everything...

Still I find myself visiting the site far less often than I used to. He is dragging the site way down.

I read most threads until Sap is either mentioned or starts off with his stupid comments designed solely to trigger flames.

It's amazing how one person can spoil such a good community. :(

Bye

JPP said:
Problem solved.

That WOULD work except it's so friggin' popular to "quote" everything instead of "reply" to them. I see guys quote the original post in a thread when they're the FIRST to respond! Come on, guys, our attention span is lage enough we can retain a thought beyond a post-split pane. And quoting pictures? What's up with that? Makes for some loooong scrolls!

Crap, where'd that soap box come from? Sorry.

Sappy's play pen

Pass the hat around, pay Darin so sappy can be sponser on own forum, and then ban him to only that forum. We could call it "Sappy's play pen".

TreeCo said:
Sap is not nearly as thread derailing as the circus of bozos that follow him around. Count the post.
Yeah, you're right, he is a friggin' genius and we are lucky to receive his sage advice. Maybe he will pick on some of your family members next.

Back