Stihl 290 or Dolmar 5100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, One more post on it..
a few post's back i suggested he just drop it and let it go and start over..
Even BS , ( with all due respect Brad but i couldnt help it !! :) ) in so many words let him know to get out of town while the getting was good..
but NOOOOO ,,he had to keep after it,becoming condescending and trying to cover his SCAT with MORE condescending post's...
i think he is like any other child that cant get approving attention ,, being annoying to at least gets SOME attention seems to be his point...otherwise he would do like anybody else,lay low and wait untill the smoke clears..
by all of us keeping after him we are doing what he wants,,giving him attention..
some may keep after him because they are annoyed and if that is what he wants why should they stop ??
dollars to donuts he will keep this going because he wants the attention and it is entertaining for him..
so now... :popcorn:
this isn't want i wanted i am sorry for what i did and im chaulking it up as a learning experience. nothing of this nature will occur in the future ok? lets drop it and move on

this isn't want i wanted i am sorry for what i did and im chaulking it up as a learning experience. nothing of this nature will occur in the future ok? lets drop it and move on

Apology accepted from me mate. Just no more bagging Dolmars ;) Heh heh...

took a lot of grit to make that post. your not the first to bash one brand or another but may be the first to be man enough to eat a little crow to make it right.:cheers:

took a lot of grit to make that post. your not the first to bash one brand or another but may be the first to be man enough to eat a little crow to make it right.:cheers:

:agree2:.....Give the boy a beer! :cheers:

The 5105 is coming. I believe they are waiting for the 5100 inventory to get a little lower before releasing it. I would guess sometime between now and spring.
Here is a link

I still haven't seen any evidence (or even indication) that there will be a "S" version of the 5105.

Does anyone know for sure?

The PS-5105 info on hand is vague at best. I'm getting different talk from different places. Information I've seen so far indicated that it would have a 14,500 coil, the big difference was in cooling with a modified crankcase to majorly increase air flow past the cooling fins, and of course a cat muffler.

Now I'm hearing rumors of more changes, possibly running changes in the production of the PS-5105. The 14,500 coil will be no more (13,500), easy-start will be added (like the PS-350 & PS-420), the Touch 'n Stop feature will be added (again, same as the PS-350 & PS-420). and a few other small changes.

As far as reliability, We've sold Dolmar since late 2007 and have not had a single saw come back with catastrophic failure, we're not a big dealer by any means but we do move a few saws.

they changed the airbox, flywheel,and the channeling is larger around the chassis for better cooling, there is still a 14,500 coil , it has a cat muffler and its hood has a matte finish instead of a gloss black............ill post pics friday when i go back to the shop we have one. these saws will not cost much more than the 5100

Latest posts

Back