Stihl 362 vs Jonsered 2260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grobinson2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good evening Guys,
Without going into some long slug fest, how does the Stihl 362 compare to the Jonsered 2260 in cutting power? I have a 2260 that I just purchased but have not used and our local Stihl dealer has a hell of a deal going on the 362. It is so hard to find anything Jonsered around me so that is why I am looking into this before I use my 2260. I can see that they are both 60cc saws but I am looking for opinions/facts from you guys as to which is a better saw. Price wise the Jonsered cost a little more. I would be running a 20" Total bar on the Jonsered or a 20" Stihl bar on the 362.

Thanks again,
Glenn

If I were spending my money on a new saw of that class, the 2260 would be my pick of all currently available 60cc pro saws.

Same as 560 or 562? I have a 562xp and it is far and away the best 60cc saw I've ever ran (Stock saws.) 361 is not even close... But I've never ran a 362cm... And I'm still working on my 262xp. That saw might change my mind. :laugh:

I have ran a 2260 and the 362(standard version). 2260 is a better saw to me. Air filtration on the standard 362 is adequate at best and working on them will give you fits if your used to the old saws(after the first couple times they are easy though). Haven't been into a 2260 so cant comment on them. Run them both if possible and then choose.

Well this is the C-M version, I guess I should have said that in the beginning. I had a Stihl 390 before I got the Jonsered and so when I tried the 2260 of course that smoked the 390. That said I always thought the steels were easier to replace the chain and clean the air filter. I have a Stihl KM130 and love that thing with all of the attachments. It sounds like what I am looking at are comparable saws and that one is in the end, not really any better then the other. As far as looks go I have all Kubota tractors and mowers on the farm so I kind of like orange. That said I grew up using a Jonsered 525 and loved that little saw. If my old Jonsered dealer was still in business this would be a no brainer. As far as HP I k ow they are the same CC but does that mean they have the same stock power? My price on the 362 with two chains and a 20 bar is $599. The Jonsered was $650 all said and done.

Thanks again,
Glenn

A brick is a brick C-M or not i just can't get to like the feel of Stihl saws....even my 200T's are bricks but they're the best in the bizznazz.

I was cutting with a Husky guy and he said my saw cut well, but it was a "bulky Stihl". So I went over and put the Stihl 362 on top of his Husky, and he exclaimed "your Stihl is thinner than my Husky". Enough said, try them and see which one YOU like.

Well this is the C-M version, I guess I should have said that in the beginning. I had a Stihl 390 before I got the Jonsered and so when I tried the 2260 of course that smoked the 390. That said I always thought the steels were easier to replace the chain and clean the air filter. I have a Stihl KM130 and love that thing with all of the attachments. It sounds like what I am looking at are comparable saws and that one is in the end, not really any better then the other. As far as looks go I have all Kubota tractors and mowers on the farm so I kind of like orange. That said I grew up using a Jonsered 525 and loved that little saw. If my old Jonsered dealer was still in business this would be a no brainer. As far as HP I k ow they are the same CC but does that mean they have the same stock power? My price on the 362 with two chains and a 20 bar is $599. The Jonsered was $650 all said and done.

Thanks again,
Glenn
I have Kubota tractors also, they match my XP saws real good!

Back