STIHL 660 -or- Husky 385xp/395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Tyler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
If $$$ is no object, what saw is just plain and simple better for large "already felled" wood. Weight is of no issue either..... (did I just open up a large room of discussion?) STIHL 660 or HUSKY 385/395xp

thanks forum! I wish we could all go out and drink beers and talk chainsaws!!:chainsaw:

Jon

Just for starters, from what I have read (no personal experience) - probably the 395xp, if weight doesn't count....:)

385XP - It will outcut an 066 any day of the week. I would say the 395 but its a bit overkill unless you're running a 32" bar with .404 chain in hardwood all day.

LOL, how did I know you was going to say that,LOLOL

LOL - personally I would have gone with the 660, as that weight difference (2 lbs or a tad more) sure makes a difference to me, and I don't think I would use it enough for the vibes to make a difference.......:cheers: :cheers:

... well, maybe not the weight either....:monkey: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
I'm definitly a stihl guy but the ms660 and 066's seemed to have had their issues. The saw they replaced the 056 and 056m2's seemed to have better bearings in the cranks from what I have been told and they run forever. I'll pass on the crack give me clean fresh mountain air!:cheers:

Wtf!!!!

385XP - It will outcut an 066 any day of the week. I would say the 395 but its a bit overkill unless you're running a 32" bar with .404 chain in hardwood all day.

WTF!!!?!! Nothing about that statement is correct!! I have both, and stock to stock the 066 oucut it by a great margin. Cept now my 066 is dp'ed and it will really out cut the 385 now. But the 385 is a really good saw. And a 395 is NOT overkill. And WTF would you run .404 chain for? I think treesliger's statement is correct. What have you been smokin? :censored: :dizzy: :monkey:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back