Stihl announces layoffs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky has had their own problems as of late with parts availability and shuttering a plant in the US.

The drop off of sales of hobby sports and home improvement bits are the tale tell signs of the beginning of an economic downturn. 'Cept we've really been here for some time. Paint sales have been in the gutters all year. Things are gonna get worse.

April 2023 they were boasting about record revenues for 2021 and 2022 as a whole.

Whats that tell ya. ;) Charging to much.

Talking stihl as a whole. US is just a pee on IMO as their profits are overseas if you read.

New saw or food for a week . This is what’s happening. Discretionary spending has been curtailed a saw isn’t a little item like a hammer or hand saw in most cases it’s a fairly large purchase for the average consumer .Unless your a professional that needs a new saw because it’s your livelihood.

New saw or food for a week . This is what’s happening. Discretionary spending has been curtailed a saw isn’t a little item like a hammer or hand saw in most cases it’s a fairly large purchase for the average consumer .Unless your a professional that needs a new saw because it’s your livelihood.
Just as they planned it!

More Obsolescence is the answer. Other then the average saw owner here on this site, the saws last a long long time, so repeat sales is not what it could be. Hammers wear out as fast as Stihl saws, that are use properly, maintained and kept safe from falling timber and trucks that are backing up.

If it weren't for the typical arboristsite saw owner buying 100s of saws a year, all chainsaw makers would be in deep doo doo.

Yeah, feels like they're behind. Should try something new. Fuel injection or something... ;)

Hard core saw men, only use carburetors. Those fuel injections use micro processors, that cannot be adjusted with a tiny screw driver and therefore are prone to failure in mid cut.

I'm fully convinced that if Stihl were to put a little screw head on top of the saw, with an arrow pointing to more power, that would increase sales by orders of magnitude. Of course the screw head need not be attached to anything, but would rotate freely with a Professional Only screw driver, available only thru authorized dealers.

Hard core saw men, only use carburetors. Those fuel injections use micro processors, that cannot be adjusted with a tiny screw driver and therefore are prone to failure in mid cut.

I'm fully convinced that if Stihl were to put a little screw head on top of the saw, with an arrow pointing to more power, that would increase sales by orders of magnitude. Of course the screw head need not be attached to anything, but would rotate freely with a Professional Only screw driver, available only thru authorized dealers.
I just slap a sticker with flames on my stuff. BOOM, +30% power :cool:

Layoffs at Stihl's Virginia Beach factory.
Is Husqvarna's endless summer 20% sale taking business away from Sthil?
Does Stihl need to refocus on updating it's gas chainsaws to compete better?Stihl layoffs
Raised the price on the 550i from $1319 to $1519 in one year. Maybe a little price point resistance?

It isn't parts shortage, it isn't revenue reduction. They are closing the plants that build gas powered equipment and opening plants in China to build battery powered equipment.
This has nothing to do with consumer preference. It's ESG investing forcing companies to move away from ICE products in favor of battery products.

Back