Stihl Bigbore MM MS460 vs Stock MS461R vids

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys got some video of some saws in action today. The MS460 has a NWP bigbore kit on it with a modded muffler on it. I built the Ms 460 about a year ago and has a lot of tanks run through it. I gutted the muffler and welded a 3/4" pipe to it. This Big bore 460 will out run a stock 460.
The 461R here has about a half a tank run through it so it will gain power with more run time. The 461 has better torque for sure. Looks like the 461 beats the 460 by 2 seconds. The 461 spit a cookie at the 460 to show who's boss:msp_w00t:
[video=youtube_share;Fp9yJvyd2rY]http://youtu.be/Fp9yJvyd2rY[/video]

Last edited:
Nice vids. I agree, we just a new 461 at work and right out of the box its stronger than a 460. I know yours is a muff modded big bore. But still the 461 is very impressive bone stock!!

After reading the MS461 threads and watching videos like this I don't know what I'm waiting for. :dizzy::dizzy:

I have lots more wood for the 461 to cut. I'm going to add a dual port muffler cover to it and retune before I use it again. I'm impressed with how it runs stock so I'm holding off on porting it till the warranty runs out. By that time I should be a better porter.

You should put a cookie under the cutting area, i don't know if its just me but it seems that you dunk your chain into the ground on every second video.

Hey guys got some video of some saws in action today. The MS460 has a NWP bigbore kit on it with a modded muffler on it. I built the Ms 460 about a year ago and has a lot of tanks run through it. I gutted the muffler and welded a 3/4" pipe to it. This Big bore 460 will out run a stock 460.
The 461R here has about a half a tank run through it so it will gain power with more run time. The 461 has better torque for sure. Looks like the 461 beats the 460 by 2 seconds. The 461 spit a cookie at the 460 to show who's boss:msp_w00t:

Same chain on both saws??

Back