Stihl club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats better Stihl or Husky?

• Stihl

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Husky

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have:

Stihl 011AVeq- Pros: Light, Powerful for size- Cons: Sucks to work on

Stihl MS260 Pro- Pros: Light, Gobs of Power, Fun to Run- Cons: None Known

Had:

(2) Stihl MS250- Pros: Light, Decent power- Cons: Overworked and smoked the piston... Warenteed for a new one.... Did it again, Got a 260.

That'a a mighty fine line up ya got there teacherman.

attachment.php

011, 021, 023, 025 X 2, 031, 036, 046 X 2 and two Stihl blowers and polesaw. With about 10 part saws.

Ask me again later this summer, I hope to add a few more.
monkeyBNPS0108_468x413.jpg

This is the first and the only web forum I have ever been part of. KInd of restores some of my faith in humanity..............and then there's that mule feller.....:dizzy: or star-hinny, or some such type of thing....

Oh well it balances out the good parts.............:greenchainsaw:

I have bought so many chainsaws in the past year, it boggles the mind. Somebody posted a while back a statement about "these men will get you addicted in the worst way."..or some such nugget of pure truth...

DOes anybody remember that post? It was in somebody's sig for a while.

I like AS, though it kind of keeps me from doing things that would be more productive..........:clap:

Stihl 460 Magnum, 25" bar. I like it, hardly broken in yet, seems light for its size. Cold natured as hell. Wish it started easier.

Stihl 110 combi system, my best investment to date. Has made me a lot of money! Pole saw, hedge trimmers, and weed eater heads.

Today, bought a 460, 440, and a HT110 power pruner, all used but not much. Looks like I'm a Stihl guy now.

Last edited:
My stihl 015....

I have a little 015 and at an Idle it has a ringing noise that goes away when you rev it up. I'm pretty sure its the clutch but if anyone has another idea let me know and where to go to get the parts too. Also how do I figure out what year it is? All the saws I've seen say stihl on the side but mine has the cross cut saw behind it and is just a plain 015. Any good sights I can check out?

I have a little 015 and at an Idle it has a ringing noise that goes away when you rev it up. I'm pretty sure its the clutch but if anyone has another idea let me know and where to go to get the parts too. Also how do I figure out what year it is? All the saws I've seen say stihl on the side but mine has the cross cut saw behind it and is just a plain 015. Any good sights I can check out?

015 is pretty old, if you give your dealer the serial #, he might can tell ya. Some saws have that ringing sound coming from their clutch area, normal but it's hard to say if yours has another problem without hearing it.

Piston slap. "Cling clang" when returning to idle, and when at idle.

Back