Stihl HP Ultra 40:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually a quart has slightly more volume than a liter, which makes it worse.
I thought that a US quart is 946 ml .
C53CAE8E-EDF5-47A6-A26E-3E29BEE7D2E3.jpeg
( Side note: The Amsoil Saber bottles sold in EU do contain a whole liter ( 1000ml ) of oil instead of the label-stated 946 ml .Not sure if the same goes for the US marketed Saber .)

9856A394-52C9-4478-A13E-BC39FBDFF8EB.png

I will cut right to the chase, about any oil will work as long as it is enough in the mix. But the ULTRA you best run it at 50 to 1 unless you want a gummed up mess And I am A Stihl guy , would not give a pinch out of my butt for any other saw if I had to run it and work on it.

Once upon a time I had been using HP Ultra at 50:1.
I got headaches and my chainsaws got a nice crust of carbon deposits on their piston crowns .
Saber was a lot better at 40:1 .
No headaches ,no additional carbon built up .

It took just a few tanks with Power One Racing at 33 :1 for the piston crowns to actually clean up ,almost to brand new ,shinny state .The detergent abilities of that oil are phenomenal ! Cant burn cleaner than that !

Just bought four 5 gallon cans of 93 non ethanol and it was $101 and change. Should last me through the summer. Just finished working on a tar machine for a paving contractor. Now, my own BR700 won't start.

I did switch to Saber. If nothing else I don't like the color of the HP Ultra.

Half the time I end up pouring the crap in a clear fruit jar just to make sure it's not straight gas. Color does not jump out at you.

Stihl still extends the warranty if you buy a six pack of HP Ultra.

That's my ramble for the day. Go put another carb on my BR700. Tired of looking at the stuff.

Just bought four 5 gallon cans of 93 non ethanol and it was $101 and change. Should last me through the summer. Just finished working on a tar machine for a paving contractor. Now, my own BR700 won't start.

I did switch to Saber. If nothing else I don't like the color of the HP Ultra.

Half the time I end up pouring the crap in a clear fruit jar just to make sure it's not straight gas. Color does not jump out at you.

Stihl still extends the warranty if you buy a six pack of HP Ultra.

That's my ramble for the day. Go put another carb on my BR700. Tired of looking at the stuff.
When I bought a ms361 some time back it came with a 6 pack of ultra. I used maybe a gallon and found the smell terrible and that it was pretty dirty. The rest went into my diesel truck.

I thought that a US quart is 946 ml .
View attachment 1094994
( Side note: The Amsoil Saber bottles sold in EU do contain a whole liter ( 1000ml ) of oil instead of the label-stated 946 ml .Not sure if the same goes for the US marketed Saber .)

View attachment 1094998
Your right. I haven't used metric measurements in a long time. I did live in Canada for a period of time and got use to them. In the back of my mind I was thinking a quart had slightly more volume than a liter, but it's actually the opposite.

Hmmm I’m using the Gray bottle Ultra mix in all my saws. I mix 50:1 and add 1/2 ounce of Marvel mystery oil to each gallon of non meth 90 Oct. Been doing this since the Ultra came out. Heck I may change mix now..LOL. Glad you friends blower looks great inside.

Latest posts

Back