Stihl MS 170 / 180

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't quite figured how to link this thread to another (called Consumer report picks) however KMB posted this, which says it all, buy the 180:)

Consumer Report saw picks
Got my latest issue of Consumer Report magazine and saw that they rated chainsaws in this issue. Of course I checked it out, but nothing special. 26 models total were tested. For the electric models, the Husky 316 got top pick with the Poulan Pro 400E as second place (the Poulan got the Consumer Report Best Buy nod). For the gasoline models, the Stihl MS180C-BE (BE ?) was first, next the Husky 142, the Craftsman 35082, and finally the Echo CS-305-14. For those interested... .

Kevin

stingray bay said:
I haven't quite figured how to link this thread to another (called Consumer report picks) however KMB posted this, which says it all, buy the 180:)

Consumer Report saw picks
Got my latest issue of Consumer Report magazine and saw that they rated chainsaws in this issue. Of course I checked it out, but nothing special. 26 models total were tested. For the electric models, the Husky 316 got top pick with the Poulan Pro 400E as second place (the Poulan got the Consumer Report Best Buy nod). For the gasoline models, the Stihl MS180C-BE (BE ?) was first, next the Husky 142, the Craftsman 35082, and finally the Echo CS-305-14. For those interested... .

Kevin

My 316 husky is a nice saw.

Latest posts

Back