Stihl MS461 R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this your saw? how long until we get to see it run??

It is not. Multitasking at the moment, wrenching while tutoring fractions = percentages to my 12 YO daughter :msp_biggrin:

Hopefully test cuts can be made tomorrow.

It is not. Multitasking at the moment, wrenching while tutoring fractions = percentages to my 12 YO daughter :msp_biggrin:

Hopefully test cuts can be made tomorrow.
she is multi-tasking as well, homework plus learning about saws.:clap:

190ish after running the oil off and cooling. Its a little higher than my target so.....may lower it a bit.

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

Before I said it felt slower, sounded slower but cut faster.

Now it sounds fast :msp_rolleyes:

Comparison video. Dropped the comp just a hair. Couple more tweaks and she should be about where I'd like it.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJdlLHW7d8[/video]

On my phone if someone could embed the video I'd appreciate it.

Looks good.

[video=youtube;kNJdlLHW7d8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJdlLHW7d8[/video]

Looks like :21 to :16. Close to it anyway.

Going to check for wear and tune in the cut. Drive ability is good, one wouldnt really know it is modified until timed in cut.

did you add another port to the muffler ,and remove the baffle inside ?

did you add another port to the muffler ,and remove the baffle inside ?

The baffle "face" is removed. The way its spot welded in adds structure so I left to side in place. It does have a dual port although the OE one is sitting at the dealer waiting for me, along with the half wrap......and hopefully a 441M :msp_biggrin:

So in the vid the muff front baffle is removed and exhaust port enlarged,will be interesting when dual port front cover goes on if it makes it nosier & or faster.
Was that with a 7 or 8 pin ?.
I likey likey what i see.:D
Out of interest what fuel (octane) oil ,ratio do you use.

So in the vid the muff front baffle is removed and exhaust port enlarged,will be interesting when dual port front cover goes on if it makes it nosier & or faster.
Was that with a 7 or 8 pin ?.
I likey likey what i see.:D
Out of interest what fuel (octane) oil ,ratio do you use.

Correct with a seven.

91 at 50:1 Husky XP oil Any good quality synthetic :potstir:

I'm happy as well. More latter.

Finally found a chainsaw application for the plasma cutter.

Face removed
pudypugu.jpg

So when u do the port work on the exhaust do you not widen it since you can't widen the port on the muffler due to the baffle? I ask because I was looking at the inside of a 650 muffler the other day and wondering how you guys port match with those baffles welded in there...I'd like to try doing a little port work myself sometime...wreck a cylinder or two ya know...you guys are inspiring, that saw rocks

Back