Stihl MS461 R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok who has a chainsaw dyno so we can see peak hp and tourque curves on a graph :hmm3grin2orange:

I think you're talking about the difference between a saw that is intended for real work and a "worksaw" that is intended for a GTG toy.

If your saw will only turn 10,000rpm in the wood, why would it need to turn 16,000rpm out of it?

We've been over this countless times. Out of the wood rpm don't mean anything if the rpm's drop off sharply. However in most cases higher no load rpm's = higher in the cut rpm.

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Board Express

We've been over this countless times. Out of the wood rpm don't mean anything if the rpm's drop off sharply. However in most cases higher no load rpm's = higher in the cut rpm.

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Board Express

Isn't that what the Internet is for, beating dead horses?

Well, that and ####. :D

Mitch, I had to make a run to the store today after work to pick up some Creamy Dark because of you and your darn pictures.

Mitch, I had to make a run to the store today after work to pick up some Creamy Dark because of you and your darn pictures.

Shawn, Sunday I went to the liquor store only to find the Creamy Dark was backordered! I immediately ran to Burnett Dairy & ordered up a half pound of fried cheese curds & started drowning my sorrow... I think I even felt the old ticker stutter a few times.

azupebu8.jpg

And more...

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

This pic shows the clearance between piston and deflector/stuffer.

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

Cut with a well broke in 460 and the 461 today. Honestly the 460 felt faster while sounding like it held higher rpm's. After reviewing the vids, I was surprised to see the 461 turn in faster cut times in every different chunk of wood I threw at it. The gap at its greatest was 4 seconds and the best comparison video I got the gap was 1 second. That makes these saws very close but one must keep in mind, the 461 has 2.5 tanks consumed and this 460 is run in proper. Take that for what its worth.

Video comparing the two.

[video=youtube_share;D1vFJeZXOHs]http://youtu.be/D1vFJeZXOHs[/video]

Latest posts

Back