Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On this side of the world you dont see much more than a 32" bar on a 660. A 36" is almost to big. You guys are in alot different wood than we are.

I can vouch for Sling'r, he does a awsome job. I finally got my carb tuned right on my 460 and it ate up a stock 660 and crapped it out.

I would like to see those two saws in some locust or oak.

is anyone going to harrass him for videos? he just said his 460 spanks 90cc saws. an d a 32 inch bar would be fine to test with if it was in hardwood. its too small for softwood.

I understand what you're trying to say about the wood not being sufficient to really see the torque difference of these saws. But that does not discount the gains that are seen in this wood. Forther more, for you to even suggest that your 044 could dream of running with these saws is ludicrous. Obviously, you have no idea what a ported saw runs like.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

I see that you have almost eight hundred posts and am just wondering if 10of those add anything useful to any thread you have tried to hijack.

i never tried hijaking the post i made a statement and was swarmed by a bunch of grown men with there pantys in a bunch, not my fault they couldnt take an ounce of criticism

why would you think my 044 wouldn’t? and the reason i believe that is because neither of those saws will push as high of rpms in the cut in smaller wood that my 044 will.

SO you readily admit that both of those modded saws run higher RPMs than your stocker.... Right??

And yet you say that your stocker will cut that wood faster than either of those saws because it turns more RPM than they do???? Ummm can you say that again????

Oh wait I get it it's because they can't hold the RPMs in the smaller wood like your stocker... right???

But wait you said you would expect those saws to out cut your 044 in big wood????? why is that?????........ say it with me now "because they hold more RPMs in the big wood"

BTW
if your wondering why im calling you stupid, its because your little brain cant comprehend the point im making.

sad thing is you guys have dodged the same 2-3 questions iv put up for you, and just slanderd everything said.

dude why do you think i am bragging about my 044? that is totally off base, you idiots are trying to use the "044" as a smokescreen to my point. my point has nothing to do with the 044 even if i did make a video and my cut was faster it would mean NOTHING i run a 30 inch bar on the saw and it would be impossible for me to get the same diameter seasoned fir. your an idiot, nice job trying to jump on the bandwagon you little #####

i was not going to reply to you and give you reason to post again, but when you start calling people that port saws for those who want people who want ported saws "charlatins" thats when i have a problem.

take your problems elsewhere, no one wants to listen to you anymore.
oh yeah, great job hijacking a good thread.:mad:

trollspray.jpg

is anyone going to harrass him for videos? he just said his 460 spanks 90cc saws. an d a 32 inch bar would be fine to test with if it was in hardwood. its too small for softwood.

My MODDED 460 outcut a stock 660. Now a stock 460 vs stock 660, I would place my money on the 660. Same as a modded 460 vs modded 660, my money would be on the 660.

hey, never posted before but i've been quiet for long enough. MAKE A VID AND PROVE IT OR SHUT YOUR ###### MOUTH. everyone is tired of hearing you boast about your all mighty 044. how can you call every person who has replied to your comments morons.

sorry about the rant. i know its not the best way to introduce myself but i can't stand seeing honest, hardworking individuals such as sling'r and others getting $*@# on by arrogant people.

anyway............thanks for all the great vids sling'r and keep 'em coming
:cheers:

Rep for that one.

I do know this...in our part of the world we cut red & white oak, pecan, and a limited amount of hickory for firewood. A 30" bar is 064-066 territory as a 24" on my 044 is all it wants. If you ae running a 30" on an 044 in that type of wood you will not be cutting fast at all. I'm not the expert you are as I only cut 12-15 cords a year. BTW, all my saws are in very good shape with great compression and most have had the exaust opened up a tad.

Slinger, sorry about this.

Sling'r thanks for the video, I will not be as ignorant to say that it was pointless, it did have some merit and I appreciated your opinion on the two saws. However I believe someone mentioned it previously, it would be nice to see the saws in bigger, harder wood with bigger bars to see how they do at that. But if you can't/don't/won't show it no big deal I can take that one video for what it was.

BB, you started with a valid point and then went all crazy :dizzy: on us, stay away from the glue. If your point was to show another side to the story stick to the facts and your point, it would be better understood. Leave the trash talkin somewhere else cause it just degrade's your validity. If the trash talkin / fight was your game all along, then thanks for the laughs.

Back