Stihl MS880 59"/60" Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be some discussion about weight. I have the 59" Stihl Duromatic and the 60 inch Oregon. I will have to weigh them.

Bill

Bil do you notice any difference in the speed between the roller nose and the hard nose? I have the 59 Duromatic as well, I've yet to use it.

opening up of ports and bigger muffler outlet...upper transfers were agnled bit more to rear, but other wise untouched....it oiled pretty decent..but if i could get more out of it i would...oiler was maxed out.there woldn't happen to be a high output oiler somehow would there????
Are you running an Aux oiler on the mill?
I find I have to run an Aux oiler even for a 42" bar let alone a 60".

What's that brown stain on the sapwood, is that some kind of spalting?

Bummer about hitting the nail and mangling your chain - it must have been a hardened nail or maybe you just hit it real hard? Usually I just cut through regular nails and later I notice the thing ain't cutting as fast.

OH YEAH, deffinantly running an auxilary oiler on the mill, but was wondering about a different oiler for regular cutting conditions..im sure its fine, but i always like to be on the safe side.

actually, since the cuts i filmed were at the end of the day, and i left right after wards, i didn't notice the staining till i saw the pictures. I didn't find much evidence of it tho in the upper portion of the trunk where we were milling, it very well could have been that.

as for the nail, all the ones i saw were oriented radially in the tree, so what ever i hit while cutting the rounds, was most likely in line with the bar....

Bumping an ancient thread. I have a Stihl 3001 mount 59" Duromatic - part number 3001 000 9276. Looks like it was manufactured in 1981. Trying to confirm chain DL. Anyone have any details?

Thanks

Scott
Should be the same as the current 59 inch roller.

Back