Stihl USA Promotion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know true firewood cutters run Huskies anyways. Unless you really wanna underimpress your neighbors with an MS390.

We all know true firewood cutters run Huskies anyways. Unless you really wanna underimpress your neighbors with an MS390.

Around here all the firewood cutters run really big and awesome huskies, like the 455 rancher and the 235 X torq.

Yet more bribes from Stihl.

I received a 10% off coupon from my local Stihl dealer in yesterday's mail. This local dealer will likely mail me a 15% off coupon during their Fall Sale season.

Instead of attempting to bribe potential customers with slick marketing tricks and gimmicks, why can't Stihl upgrade and update the air filtration, anti-vibe and performance levels of their outdated and overpriced saws?

Stihl saws could be a better.

When is Stihl going to start paying attention to details?

I'm looking for a deal on Husky NE346XP, Dolmar 5100S or Shindaiwa 502S myself.
:agree2:

Last edited:
Yeah the whole canadian discount was a slap in the face for the folks like myself. As far as being out dated in design, maybe the rubber mounts and dusty filters were a little off compared to their newer models yet the engines run and run and run. When were running the same 2 or 3 saws all day in 90 deg heat and other saws we tried burnt up I guess that more than makes up for a few vibes and tapping out the filters 3 times a day. I agree that it was time for a bit of an upgrade but i'll take a homeowner stihl that runs under commercial conditions for hundreds of hours over another mfg fancy springs and so called comercial grade engines any day...

Husky is a real cutters saw???? There isnt a husky built that will even come close to running with or outlasting a stihl!! Oh sure they run a little faster,but they do not hold up! Word in the market is that husky is struggeling for market share,that is why they trying to buy up all these other companies,(target,poulan,partner). My family has been in the woods for 40yrs.,we have tried many other saws.nothing holds up to stihls' long lasting quality,exc. Resale,exc. Dealers,problem free operation!!! Real saws are not sold at big box stores,they are sold at your local stihl dealer. I'd take my 390 any day,over the best husky has to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ms211,260,361,390,460. 028,066,076,084,090 all my boys,and they all rock!!!!

Husky is a real cutters saw???? There isnt a husky built that will even come close to running with or outlasting a stihl!! Oh sure they run a little faster,but they do not hold up! Word in the market is that husky is struggeling for market share,that is why they trying to buy up all these other companies,(target,poulan,partner). My family has been in the woods for 40yrs.,we have tried many other saws.nothing holds up to stihls' long lasting quality,exc. Resale,exc. Dealers,problem free operation!!! Real saws are not sold at big box stores,they are sold at your local stihl dealer. I'd take my 390 any day,over the best husky has to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ms211,260,361,390,460. 028,066,076,084,090 all my boys,and they all rock!!!!

I have been wondering if the new-fangled Husky NE346XP can measure up to the proven durability/reliability of the 026/MS260. My 16 year old Stihl FS-76AVE starts on 1-3 pulls and runs like a brand new trimmer/brushcutter. One carb kit, one fuel filter, one fuel line and one fuel cap gasket in 16 years ain't bad.

Last edited:
It would last 2-3yrs tops!!! There are alot of good saws on the market right now some just better than others! I bet my 026 has close to 2500hrs. On it,old design or not the 026/260 is a darn good saw!

It would last 2-3yrs tops!!! There are alot of good saws on the market right now some just better than others! I bet my 026 has close to 2500hrs. On it,old design or not the 026/260 is a darn good saw!

My 026 had at least 2000 hrs on it and popped on the third pull every time till a 98 degree day stole it from me. RIP my dear friend. As far as husky goes I have nothing bad to say as my 359's lasted about as long!

he is im sure. i have a few huskys and the fabled 066. i like them both. if i had to pick a brand id choose the husky. fortunatly this is not nazi germany we can all pick and choose what we want. i never understood how some of you are so pro one brand and bash the crap out of another.

dont get me wrong i love my dodges but i also have a camaro. the day a major company pays me to endorse their product is when ill get all bent like some of you do here. just let it ride guys both brands make fine saws:cheers:

Husky 455, i agree both are good products, how a saw is looked after determines how it will last. I now guys who use both brands professionally and they don't baby them.

I hope you're being sarcastic, because a 455 and a 235 x is not exactly big huskies.:jawdrop:

he is im sure. i have a few huskys and the fabled 066. i like them both. if i had to pick a brand id choose the husky. fortunatly this is not nazi germany we can all pick and choose what we want. i never understood how some of you are so pro one brand and bash the crap out of another........the day a major company pays me to endorse their product is when ill get all bent like some of you do here. just let it ride guys both brands make fine saws:cheers:

Yes I was being sarcastic, based on AOD's post. I have never ran a "real" husky, only my construction worker buddies 235 barn pole cutter and my another buddies 455. Both glorified wild thingies compared to a pro saw, and I wasn't impressed with either. But im told husky makes one dandy pro saw. :chainsaw:

The NE346XP has only been on the market for about 3 years. Hence, its longevity is still unknown.:confused:

I think much of our brand/model choices are related to ergonomics and personal preference.

I have picked up and hefted both pro saws with 18" bars several times. Some people will protest otherwise, but in my hands the MS260 feels lighter, more agile, better balanced and more comfortable than the NE346XP.

If a good deal comes up this fall (i.e., 15% off MSRP) and my budget can afford it, I might have an MS260 following me home.

Speaking of ergonomics. I hefted a little 36cc green Poulan in a local hardware store today. The tiny green thing with a 16" bar felt more heavy and clumsy than an MS310 with a 24" bar.

Last edited:
The NE346XP has only been on the market for about 3 years. Hence, its longevity is still unknown.:confused:

I think much of our brand/model choices are related to ergonomics and personal preference.

I have picked up and hefted both pro saws with 18" bars several times. Some people will protest otherwise, but in my hands the MS260 feels lighter, more agile, better balanced and more comfortable than the NE346XP.

If a good deal comes up this fall (i.e., 15% off MSRP) and my budget can afford it, I might have an MS260 following me home.

Speaking of ergonomics. I hefted a little 36cc green Poulan in a local hardware store today. The green thing felt heavier than an MS310.
+1 For me I love the ergonomics of the Jred's Now If I could bend the handle strait and Turn the kill switch on my Dolmar so pushing down on it instead of pushing it sideways I would have something lol. I know I could change the switch around to work the way I want it to. Might take some plastic welding or Fiberglass to fix the hole but I have the same problem with the Big Jreds and Husky's just like my kill switch so I can hit it with a downward motion rather than Side to Side. It's just what I am used to.
That's the problem with CAD you pick up a Saw and it takes a wile to get used to the controls on them all, I have grown accustomed to my Mac's and Jreds. But love the power and lightness of my Dolmar.I can't complain about the Poulans I have they are light and always start easy.Just don't like the side way's kill switch on the 295 lol.

he is im sure. i have a few huskys and the fabled 066. i like them both. if i had to pick a brand id choose the husky. fortunatly this is not nazi germany we can all pick and choose what we want. i never understood how some of you are so pro one brand and bash the crap out of another.

dont get me wrong i love my dodges but i also have a camaro. the day a major company pays me to endorse their product is when ill get all bent like some of you do here. just let it ride guys both brands make fine saws:cheers:

:agree2: Good point on the endorsement. Not sure its good to put all your eggs in one basket.

Back