Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok gents check this out,you US saw users and builders take note this is a vid of Oak (US hard wood ) and one of the Ozzy hard woods Yellow box.We have heard it all before sharpen ya chain and so on,see how the Oak has ribbon type saw dust and the Yellow box is more like dust.
Chain is a Carlton semi chisel skip and a 7 pin sprocket.
Saw is a ported 441CMTronic and 28'' ES Light bar.
This is why us Ozzys are not interested in high revving built saws around here torque is king.

[video=youtube;THgruXAoqL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THgruXAoqL0&feature=g-all&context=G2f5fe2fFAAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Interesting comparison. I was cutting some bone dry red box up at my parents' farm a couple of weeks ago with my 576 autotune. Brand new chain on it, and the sawdust was... well, dust. Even compared to other Ozzy hardwoods like stringy, mountain ash or peppermint, the boxes and redgums are in another league. Came home and used the same - now dull - chain on a candlebark that came down in the storms last weekend and it was throwing big chips like a new chain!

you hit the nail right on the head with that one andrew and the yellow box ain't even dry yet lol

Been doing something a little different been making bench seats out of pine logs.
Start felling Sugargums on Monday yippee:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

With my 261 i have used and abused this saw just to see what if anything would go wrong with it,the only thing i have done to it from new is clean out the clutch one time.This is the state of the filter system after 21.5 hrs of use in green and dry mostly Sugargum.Try doing this with other brands or models.;)

attachment.php

The pre filter helps a bit.
Even the dust is on the outside of the filter not inside.:msp_thumbsup:

attachment.php

All like new again

attachment.php

think i'll be in for that fillter cover andrew this was after just 2 tanks in dry stringy

attachment.php

attachment.php

think i'll be in for that fillter cover andrew this was after just 2 tanks in dry stringy

Hey don't stress mate, it looks a lot worse than it really is. For some reason pale dust on black filters really stands out :D If it was Redgum you'd hardly even think it had dust on it ;)
The filter covers have a LOT less surface area than the actual filter itself and both are just as capable of stopping dust.

Just a little HJ here

I have a friend in Colac and she needs wood

How much would it cost to get wood to her

Back