Stihls Own Branded Plug?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stocking levels depend on the store, or perhaps the district. Some still stock reasonable things. Or at least try to, "supply chain shortages" are absolutely still a thing... shouldn't be with calipers much, although I occasionally see it with brake pads. Or it could just be stuff that, sorry, ain't really common anymore... maybe  you think brakes for an 82 C10 are common (and they were, in '92) but if they sit on the shelf 6 months before they sell cuz there's only 30 of them in a 5-county area anymore...

But you're dead right on the website/catalog... the newest stuff they put out is absolutely horrible. No idea what they were doing, it was pretty OK until they did an update about 6 months ago, and all of the sudden now you have to be hyper-specific or you get off the wall BS, and if it doesn't list your hyper-specific search it also shows off the wall BS. They ruined Prolink the same way, as well as in-store cataloging. BTW, I have a PDF of the old farm & industrial ignition book, it's unfortunately a scan & you can't search it, but it's what I got, I'll send you a link to it in a couple days...

I'd be happy to have the PDF, thanks in advance.

Here is a link to Standard Ignition. You can still find stuff there, even for 1940s Ford N and Ferguson tractors.

https://www.smpbuyersguide.com/standard/Ignition-and-Electrical-Illustrated-Parts-Guide-2022/921/#

Be careful, counterfeiters are happy to counterfeit "made in wherever" stamps on the parts, too.

100% agree Napa is crap now. No better than AutoZone.

You've got to have a good eye and hope they posted pictures in the auctions. If they send you Chi-Com crap fleabay will cover you.

Concerning website search engines, most all suck moose penis. Wally World, grocery stores, Home Despot, TSC,......

I bought Bosch for years, then they started saying Chyna on them. I went to ngk, 'cause at least they were made in Japan, but no. The last 10 pack I got are made in Brazil.
NGK also have them made in China and many other countries. They just put it on the box instead of the plug. Just so you know. They try to be slick about it.

China solid tip on left.

ngkk.jpg
ngkchinaa.jpg

I bought Bosch for years, then they started saying Chyna on them. I went to ngk, 'cause at least they were made in Japan, but no. The last 10 pack I got are made in Brazil.

Brazil is plug is better than Chi-Com anything.

Beware Traitor Joe was involved with ...........I'll get shadow banned again here for speaking, free.... JUST ****!!! on AS.

Go ask Bill, He's in the AS Gulag now.....I just got out. Why no clue?

Least Bosch plugs color code them so you know from where. Germany Brazil China Russia. Boy do I miss the German made plugs.
I need to check my Brazil ones for color. Cant recall.

NGK China Russia Taiwan Japan etc etc too. Japan only one marked on plug still. Rest on box only. Sort of like they try to hide that fact.

boschi.jpgboschrussia.jpg

The Chinese are capable of making any quality level product someone wants, from literal garbage, up to nuke or space grade. As long as NGK is watching their Chinese production like a hawk, the parts themselves are likely to be as good as those made in Japan or anywhere else.

I avoid buying Chinese for other reasons.

The Chinese are capable of making any quality level product someone wants, from literal garbage, up to nuke or space grade. As long as NGK is watching their Chinese production like a hawk, the parts themselves are likely to be as good as those made in Japan or anywhere else.

I got Chi-Com Autolites, that rusted in place/exterior < 2 weeks.

Not political forum, but I expect to be be shadow banned/ or just banned again on AS. They do that here, beware.

Yes and no. Items that depend on material quality control IE steel and aluminum are severly lacking in quality. The Chinese steel industry is litteraly still using 1940's technology.

Yes and no. Items that depend on material quality control IE steel and aluminum are severly lacking in quality. The Chinese steel industry is litteraly still using 1940's technology.

More that the Chinese have zero problem with switching in cheaper steel while the OEM contractor isn't looking. If the OEM is supplying the material, they better be making sure that what winds up in the end product is what they actually supplied. Otherwise the Chinese are perfectly happy to swap in inferior steel, and resell the good stuff at a profit elsewhere.

Back