Still too warm to cut, but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Saturday was great to get out and do some cutting on a 24" oak when it was 60°. This week not so much.

You walked up to a cop with an open beer & offered to drive your vehicle over to help move a tree?
LOL ‼
Well, this is rural Iowa, beer ain't illegal, the tree weren't all that big... and I'm the guy that installs/maintains the two-way radios and emergency lighting in all the county vehicles :D
Just enough cutting so-far to free the choker chain.

budtree.JPG budtre.JPG

I feel the heat. I thought about going to a gtg this weekend where it would be 85 or stay home with a high of 70. Staying home to get some stuff done in nice weather.

Was getting up at sunrise to stack wood in cooler Temps but now the day are getting shorter.

When I got home last night there was a deputy sheriff sittin' about 200 yards from my driveway, emergency lights on. One of the standing-dead elms from the woodlot had blown down in yesterday's wind, completely blocking the road. I parked the work van, opened a Bud, and walk down to talk with him... told me he'd called the County Engineer and they were sending someone out to clean it up.

So I asked him... what if I bring my pickup down, hook on to it, and drag it up in the yard?? (From first glance it appears to be Red Elm.) He says it has to come off the road, and if I wanna' have a go at it, he'll run traffic interference. Fifteen minutes later the tree is laying in the yard... and so is a smaller one I pulled down trying to get the first one moving the right direction.

It was friggin' 85° last night and not gonna' be any cooler tonight... I ain't making firewood when it's over 80°... I ain't gonna' do it... I ain't. C'mon... 85° in mid September... what's this world coming to anyway?? After last night I'm in the mood to start doing some firewood work... but I ain't gonna' do it during mid-summer temps.
85 deg??...Lol...try splitting in the 95-105 summer/early fall crap mid-Ga offers up :nofunny:. Actually been pretty decent here the last week...overnight lows in the mid-upper 50's/highs only hitting low-mid 80's....heap better than where the highs were.

85 would be a cool day here in the summer.lol You can tell the ones from up north and the ones from down south. Most here don't like the frigid cold. I'd rather cut in a 100 than 30 degrees.
Hell with a hundred! 30 I just put on a second shirt.

My saws are hard to restart after running in 90 degree temps. Just learned what fast idle is. Had to down load my manuals to figure out fast idle.

e12f3296d87b5aa6f9b06310f929ef59.jpg

I'd rather cut in a 100 than 30 degrees.
Anything over 80° and I sit in the shade... or sit in the pool...
I prefer 20s for makin' firewood, although 30s with a cloudy sky ain't too bad, 40s are doable, 50s are OK for light work... once it hits 60s, I'm friggin' done doin' anything more strenuous than a little stackin' or sittin' on the grass cuttin' machine.

I believe ironworker is one of them union workers...he'd do the work but he would need atleast another 5 guys standing around to supervise...cant get them until the temps get down to the 60's i'm guessing?
What's your point. Do you get a thrill by bringing negativity to the site or are you so self centered that you need to derail Whitespider's thread and make it about you.

85 would be a cool day here in the summer.lol You can tell the ones from up north and the ones from down south. Most here don't like the frigid cold. I'd rather cut in a 100 than 30 degrees.
But the wood splits so nice at 0 and below, the best time is on cold clear mornings at sub zero temps, ya strip down to a t shirt and beat you up some fire wood!

Latest posts

Back