Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent you email.

On my Husky 45. The washer for the clutch. Is that meant to ride against the oiler gear or does it actually sit against the housing for the oiler and not move? Stihl need to get that taken care of.

Rick

I think it's just a space taker upper :)

I guess I'm just cornfused on how it doesn't cause wear on the plastic oiler housing.

Rick

Looking at the IPL,the washer keeps the clutch bearing from coming out.
the shaft going thru the oil pump should have a shoulder on it to keep the washer from the plastic.

Got the oiler straightened out on the little Echo 452VL last night. The clutch drum has a SD7 spline on it and is currently wearing a 3/8-7 spur sprocket. I have a .325-9 sprocket but was wondering if there was a .325-8 sprocket in standard seven spline size. I don't think I've ever seen one....

I like .325 chain on smaller saws and for smaller material I feel it is less grabby which is good working with limbs and such.

Looking at the IPL,the washer keeps the clutch bearing from coming out.
the shaft going thru the oil pump should have a shoulder on it to keep the washer from the plastic.

Thanks for your thoughts on that. Not much shoulder there but guess doesn't take much. Clutch doesn't get super tightened.

Rick

Latest posts

Back