Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice here too......just about the same as Jerry described.......was a bit hair raising driving back from Milford 8 PM yesterday........temp 31-33 degrees.....roads very wet and shiny......cars whizzing into the weeds all the way home.....big night for the tow trucks.....the old Saabaroo just paddled along.....nevah slipped a tire.....old eyes had a hard time seeing at times....white lines obscured by ice.....edges of the tar hard to see.....was real tired by the time we got home....1 hour drive was more like 1 hr 45 min.......a lot of "Nervous Nellies" out and about with long lines of cars behind them........we were 15th in a 20 car parade coming into Blue Hill....25 mph.......for 14 miles.....

Sure happy had my road trips over and could just sit at home and have visitors drop by. Don`t look forward to those icy road trips any more, getting old and the instincts/reactions have slowed to what they once was, eyes also suffer from those bright whites they are running out there now, specially bright on snow and ice covered roads.

20161226_114456.jpg

Mighty Mouse noodlin nautgty wood .
Here's a Mighty Mouse decorated Christmas tree .

20161226_140827.jpg

20161226_114456.jpg

Mighty Mouse noodlin nautgty wood .
Here's a Mighty Mouse decorated Christmas tree .

20161226_140827.jpg
Gawd Danny.......that looks like real firewood.....I'm impressed....I didn't see a single stick of Pfffiropplespruce in the pile...Who'd you buy that stuff from?? A Traveling firewood pirate??

Hope the roads are in better shape than here for Robin`s trip today. Maybe that 40 degrees Ron spoke of will keep the roads bare.

Can't see out yet but all we got was rain.....no ice or snow so I expect the roads will be fine......perhaps the rain washed away most of the salt and what feeble amount of dirt they put down last storm....I.m reading 46 here right now and windy.....makes to ice/snow run for it!!!!

I am happy with a couple degrees above freezing when it comes to the road surface, ours should clear up by mid day and be bare pavement by nightfall but then be a chance of a little ice overnight when temps fall again. A little road sdalt will take care of that though.

Page II alert!!! Roads were real wet yesterday nearly all the way to NH.....went through nearly a gallon of windshield washer fluid!!! Other than that great day for a road trip......now I gotts a trunkful of NOS NLA Jonsereds parts to sort through......some other stuffs in there too.....mostly no idea what the items are for that aren't Jomsereds/Jonsered or Husky parts.....some Stihl...perhaps some Homelite and or Mac stuffs....lots and lots of parts.....and five more nifty old Jonsereds parts boxes!!! Woot Woot!! Now I have seven in all so far, like this one..... Thanks Again Ron for taking the drive and grabbing these for me!!!!

Saw Tools 004.jpg Saw Tools 005.jpg Saw Tools 006.jpg

Page II alert!!! Roads were real wet yesterday nearly all the way to NH.....went through nearly a gallon of windshield washer fluid!!! Other than that great day for a road trip......now I gotts a trunkful of NOS NLA Jonsereds parts to sort through......some other stuffs in there too.....mostly no idea what the items are for that aren't Jomsereds/Jonsered or Husky parts.....some Stihl...perhaps some Homelite and or Mac stuffs....lots and lots of parts.....and five more nifty old Jonsereds parts boxes!!! Woot Woot!! Now I have seven in all so far, like this one..... Thanks Again Ron for taking the drive and grabbing these for me!!!!

View attachment 546540 View attachment 546541 View attachment 546542

Thats` a hellava haul Robin, sure glad they went to a Jonsereds kind of guy. Real handy to have and of course helps satisfy a hoarder`s appetite....LOL

Thats` a hellava haul Robin, sure glad they went to a Jonsereds kind of guy. Real handy to have and of course helps satisfy a hoarder`s appetite....LOL

LOL...that one was one of the two I already had........here are the five new-to-me parts boxes with parts installed within...:clap::rock::cheers:

Ron and parts 009.JPG Ron and parts 011.JPG Ron and parts 014.JPG

Robin you did real well on that haul !

There's a lot of stuff that I don't know what it is......whackah stuffs.....angled gear drives etc. Stihl and Jonsereds. Gonna take me quite a while to go through it all and isolate the Jonsereds/Jonsered parts and weed out the rest....quite a bit of both... Damn good deal even at that though.......NOS ign systems, point sets, bearings switches, carb kits, many specific bolts, washers, O-rings...you name it!! Boxes have two levels full of small parts......just boxes themselves are worth what I paid for the whole mess.....Woot!!!

Back