Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the weekend may see hard ground for some more wood scavenging.
That's what I'm planning though we're looking at snow showers all weekend but as long as things firm up by Sat I'm good to go.....found a half dozen more wind damaged maple and ash trees that have to come down. Some to fresh to burn now but others been down or hung up a year or more so they can go directly to the stoves. Running low on cookstove wood so that'll solve that issue....

Dan and I have plenty of standing dead and wind broke off`s to pick up. Lucky that we don`t need any new wood for burning right away, got plenty stored away in the woodshed for this seasons burn. A good deal of what we pick up is dry broken off tops that are still elevated/hung up so near bone dry when brought down to earth level could be burned right away. Still be good for next seasons heating requirements.

Dan and I have plenty of standing dead and wind broke off`s to pick up. Lucky that we don`t need any new wood for burning right away, got plenty stored away in the woodshed for this seasons burn. A good deal of what we pick up is dry broken off tops that are still elevated/hung up so near bone dry when brought down to earth level could be burned right away. Still be good for next seasons heating requirements.

Yeah......I usually get all my wood from just grooming my woodlot......taking out standing dead, snapped off wind/ice damaged or otherwise trees that are not of sound quality....takes longer cleaning up that kinda **** rather than just cutting what you need but keeps my lot neat, healthy and sustainable Was a bad fall this year...lots of wind and rain and the latter made it impossible to get in earlier to pick up even what was already down, fit and stacked in the woods.

Yeah......I usually get all my wood from just grooming my woodlot......taking out standing dead, snapped off wind/ice damaged or otherwise trees that are not of sound quality....takes longer cleaning up that kinda **** rather than just cutting what you need but keeps my lot neat, healthy and sustainable Was a bad fall this year...lots of wind and rain and the latter made it impossible to get in earlier to pick up even what was already down, fit and stacked in the woods.
October was so bad hardly ran a saw the whole month. Taken all this time catching up. Luckily weather some days has allowed me to get in the woods and get some firewood. But it hasn't been easy!!

October was so bad hardly ran a saw the whole month. Taken all this time catching up. Luckily weather some days has allowed me to get in the woods and get some firewood. But it hasn't been easy!!

We were in the woods today, great weather for working on getting wood out, two loads made it to the woodyard.

One
QoYeNkR.jpg

Two
dokXKWs.jpg

:cheers:

Our pile is constantly growing/expanding etc. Have enough wood now for next 3 years, just can`t stop.
We heat a 1811 brick house......double laid and horsehair plaster....
3 Floors and a huge greenhouse.with an OWB. ........a 3 year supply you could see from space. Lol
Cut the trees into manageable pieces last year.
That and cutting up all the dead ones around the farm.

Our pile is constantly growing/expanding etc. Have enough wood now for next 3 years, just can`t stop.
Log pile is buried now. I stopped burning, elderly parents are going through the wood I did for them like its endless this year. So what I was going to burn here is on reserve.

Latest posts

Back